Summer Classes

Started by Felixor90
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Felixor90

Michigan State 2019!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I keep reading on every vet school website that pre-reqs are to be finished on the spring term before the first year. Is this just a recommendation or can you really not take any classes during that last summer?

I ask because I'm working on my scheduling for the last year of undergrad and I might have to take my last 2 classes then. I can definitely squeeze them in during my other terms but the extra courses might have an impact on my grades.
 
I keep reading on every vet school website that pre-reqs are to be finished on the spring term before the first year. Is this just a recommendation or can you really not take any classes during that last summer?

I ask because I'm working on my scheduling for the last year of undergrad and I might have to take my last 2 classes then. I can definitely squeeze them in during my other terms but the extra courses might have an impact on my grades.

If the schools says they must be finished on spring term, they do mean it. There might be exceptions here and there, but the schools aren't putting that out there as a suggestion.
 
The schools I was accepted to provided a deadline (June 15, 2011) for my one remaining pre-req to be completed. If it is not completed by that date, they have every right to remove me from their student list because my admittance is based upon my completing that pre-req by that date. Did the school(s) you were accepted to provide any such date on your acceptance letter for remaining pre-reqs?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
And to clarify, just in case there's a misunderstanding... they mean your pre-requisite classes. I don't think any of them care about taking classes to finish a degree.

There are at least a couple that allow for summer classes, but they may only allow one?

Also, note that Mississippi starts on July 1st, so that really doesn't leave TIME for summer classes anyway.