Advice on what to do during the summer before vet school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

=w=

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm really excited of being accepted to my dream school! I’m looking for advice from vet students about things you wish to know/do/learn before starting vet school! Any aspects will be super helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Here’s some old threads on the same topic. Don’t study. Don’t try and “pre-learn” anything. Don’t burn yourself out before you even get to vet school. Take your summer to relax and have fun. Make some money if you choose, but make sure you still leave time for relaxing and fun things.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here’s some old threads on the same topic. Don’t study. Don’t try and “pre-learn” anything. Don’t burn yourself out before you even get to vet school. Take your summer to relax and have fun. Make some money if you choose, but make sure you still leave time for relaxing and fun things.

Thank you so much!

#threadclosed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Literally relax as much as you can. Try to get your life together a tad - get finances in order, figure out where you want to live & get moved in, figre out things like furniture and home supplies, and try to figure out some easy nutritious meals and a low-stress exercise that you like...but don't stress too hard. Take vacations, see your friends & family, try to soak up some rest & relaxation so you can come to school refreshed & ready. Enjoy it!!

Reactions: 3 users
Literally relax as much as you can. Try to get your life together a tad - get finances in order, figure out where you want to live & get moved in, figre out things like furniture and home supplies, and try to figure out some easy nutritious meals and a low-stress exercise that you like...but don't stress too hard. Take vacations, see your friends & family, try to soak up some rest & relaxation so you can come to school refreshed & ready. Enjoy it!!
Re: Meals, Instant Pot and slow cookers are awesome. There are tons of recipe books for both, and someone you know probably has too many slow cookers.

Reactions: 1 users