Summer Graduate PT Research Opportunities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredpt-prof

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I've been killing myself all week trying to find schools that offer summer research opportunities for pre-PT students. Does anyone know of any? The real trouble I've been running into is the fact that I'm not an undergrad anymore, and most research programs are designed for undergrads. Considering the fact that the average PT student is 27-28 years old, I find it odd that there are not more well-known research programs for people who have finished undergrad and are looking to do a little research before PT school. I know that my own institution should be my first choice, but, unfortunately, most of the research funds and opportunities around me are reserved for the MD, nursing, optometry, and pharmacy students with whom I have the pleasure of going to school. So, does anyone know of any research programs for pre-PT students? I'm mostly looking in the TN, FL, GA, and AL areas, but I'm willing to go anywhere. Summer is also the most convenient time, but my grad program is flexible enough that I could go at any time of the year. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, everyone! I've been killing myself all week trying to find schools that offer summer research opportunities for pre-PT students. Does anyone know of any? The real trouble I've been running into is the fact that I'm not an undergrad anymore, and most research programs are designed for undergrads. Considering the fact that the average PT student is 27-28 years old, I find it odd that there are not more well-known research programs for people who have finished undergrad and are looking to do a little research before PT school. I know that my own institution should be my first choice, but, unfortunately, most of the research funds and opportunities around me are reserved for the MD, nursing, optometry, and pharmacy students with whom I have the pleasure of going to school. So, does anyone know of any research programs for pre-PT students? I'm mostly looking in the TN, FL, GA, and AL areas, but I'm willing to go anywhere. Summer is also the most convenient time, but my grad program is flexible enough that I could go at any time of the year. Thanks in advance!

Here is one in Colorado close to my undergrad! I moved back to CA but got
an email about it.

RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES:

· Research Assistant on a total hip replacement postsurgical rehab study at the Jewell Clinical VA. (volunteer position) Great opportunity for a student interested in orthopedics or physical therapy!

This is an RCT that investigates the effects of a multidomain neuromuscular intervention on movement patterns in patients following THA. The study is led by Jennifer Stevens-Lapsley and Cory Christensen; UC Denver PT faculty.

Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
- Interested in physical medicine/rehabilitation
- Generally has afternoons free (this is when most of the testing will occur)
- Likes technical aspects of medicine (biomechanics collection)

The study will start in November. If interested, please send a resume to [email protected]

Reactions: 1 user