Summer Hospital Pharmacy Internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Versed06

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

I'm a 2nd year pre-pharmacy student and I've been working as an inpatient hospital pharmacy technician for almost a year, I love it. For a while, I've been searching for some summer hospital pharmacy internships. I'll admit that there aren't many and like many pharmacy internships, they require that you at least finish your 1st professional year in school before you start them, but I found a couple of inpatient pharmacy internships at Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic. I'm very interested in both programs because I'd like to become a clinical pharmacist after graduation, but I can't find any reviews or opinions on either program or which one is more popular than the other. If anyone has heard anything about the pharmacy internships at Johns Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic, or any other prestigious hospital, please give me some information on what your experiences were, and what opportunities they can provide upon completion. Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of students from my class did the Hopkins internship last summer and everyone I talked to had a good experience. Hopkins tries to place you in your area of interest to work for the summer. After that, its up to you to make the most of it with all the opportunities they offer.

I'm a 2nd year pre-pharmacy student and I've been working as an inpatient hospital pharmacy technician for almost a year, I love it. For a while, I've been searching for some summer hospital pharmacy internships. I'll admit that there aren't many and like many pharmacy internships, they require that you at least finish your 1st professional year in school before you start them, but I found a couple of inpatient pharmacy internships at Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic. I'm very interested in both programs because I'd like to become a clinical pharmacist after graduation, but I can't find any reviews or opinions on either program or which one is more popular than the other. If anyone has heard anything about the pharmacy internships at Johns Hopkins, the Mayo Clinic, or any other prestigious hospital, please give me some information on what your experiences were, and what opportunities they can provide upon completion. Thanks!:)

You have to be a pharmacy student to apply for Mayo Clinic internship.

Members don't see this ad :)
what's the john hopkins program?

Do you have to be a student of John Hopkins University first in order to apply for their internship?

You have to be a pharmacy student. Hopkins doesn't have a pharmacy school, so no.