Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

summer internships

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lost, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Hi,
    I am currently a sophomore planning to double major in chem and econ. I spent my summer after my freshman year doing research at a univ and I really enjoyed my experience. I am still deciding on what kind of internship I want to do next summer. I was wondering if it would be look bad if I did an internship relating to finance and business. I just want to get a feel of what the business world is like since I've never done anything in that field and get a new experience. Would the admissions committee perceive me as unfocused?
    Any input would be appreciated.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Southern Gentleman

10+ Year Member

Hey lost,

Sorry that I can't really help but I wanted to let you know that I am in the exact same position! I did research last summer after my freshman year. Already this year I'm desperately trying to figure out what I'm going to do next summer (I could do research again but I want to try something different)! I certainly want to make it meaningful! :confused:

4. johnthestreak

johnthestreak master of disaster
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yo southern, do you go to baylor? what year are you?
    if i were you guys i would try to do some shadowing of doctors(they love it when you brown nose) or even do some research with a teacher and get buddy buddy with a prof, trust me it works. it's not what you know but who you know!
    john