summer internships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
L

lost

Hi,
I am currently a sophomore planning to double major in chem and econ. I spent my summer after my freshman year doing research at a univ and I really enjoyed my experience. I am still deciding on what kind of internship I want to do next summer. I was wondering if it would be look bad if I did an internship relating to finance and business. I just want to get a feel of what the business world is like since I've never done anything in that field and get a new experience. Would the admissions committee perceive me as unfocused?
Any input would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey lost,

Sorry that I can't really help but I wanted to let you know that I am in the exact same position! I did research last summer after my freshman year. Already this year I'm desperately trying to figure out what I'm going to do next summer (I could do research again but I want to try something different)! I certainly want to make it meaningful! :confused:

yo southern, do you go to baylor? what year are you?
if i were you guys i would try to do some shadowing of doctors(they love it when you brown nose) or even do some research with a teacher and get buddy buddy with a prof, trust me it works. it's not what you know but who you know!
john