summer internships

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lost, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Hi,
    I am currently a sophomore planning to double major in chem and econ. I spent my summer after my freshman year doing research at a univ and I really enjoyed my experience. I am still deciding on what kind of internship I want to do next summer. I was wondering if it would be look bad if I did an internship relating to finance and business. I just want to get a feel of what the business world is like since I've never done anything in that field and get a new experience. Would the admissions committee perceive me as unfocused?
    Any input would be appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Southern Gentleman

Hey lost,

Sorry that I can't really help but I wanted to let you know that I am in the exact same position! I did research last summer after my freshman year. Already this year I'm desperately trying to figure out what I'm going to do next summer (I could do research again but I want to try something different)! I certainly want to make it meaningful! :confused:

4. johnthestreak

johnthestreak master of disaster

Resident [Any Field]
    yo southern, do you go to baylor? what year are you?
    if i were you guys i would try to do some shadowing of doctors(they love it when you brown nose) or even do some research with a teacher and get buddy buddy with a prof, trust me it works. it's not what you know but who you know!
    john