Summer of Senior year?

gluglugs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what are some things that prospective students of health care can do in their summer of senior year. Since here in BC, Canada you can apply to undergraduate Pharmacy programs as early as freshmen year. Dental and Med schools can start as early as third year.

Obviously, if they make it possible to get in to pharmacy during first year, they must recognize the EC crap that you do near the end of your senior year and summer.

Basically what can you do in between now and university to help your application if they allow u to apply to pharm degrees as early as freshmen year.

Volunteer? Shadow? Anything!? Thanks guys

Members don't see this ad.

Bump.

I'd like to know the same too. I'm a senior is high school right now, and will be attending a public California college. I plan to work over summer to earn money, but is there anything else I should be considering?

Enjoy your summer. Any medical volunteer work you do before you enter college will probably not wind up on your medical school applications (they tend to value college experiences a lot more). That said, I think it's always a great idea to get exposure to the clinical field to get an idea of what you might like to be, and to give you an idea of what you might be getting yourself into. You will have plenty of time to bolster your application in college.

Caveat: I am an US medical student. I have never heard of programs that accept students in their freshman year of college except for the dying rare breed of combined BS-MD programs, where you essentially get admitted to college and med school at the same time. College is one of the most awesome experiences you will ever have, and I have no clue why someone would want to deprive herself of that to get started with the professional school grind that much earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:
Enjoy your summer. Any medical volunteer work you do before you enter college will probably not wind up on your medical school applications (they tend to value college experiences a lot more). That said, I think it's always a great idea to get exposure to the clinical field to get an idea of what you might like to be, and to give you an idea of what you might be getting yourself into. You will have plenty of time to bolster your application in college.

Caveat: I am an US medical student. I have never heard of programs that accept students in their freshman year of college except for the dying rare breed of combined BS-MD programs, where you essentially get admitted to college and med school at the same time. College is one of the most awesome experiences you will ever have, and I have no clue why someone would want to deprive herself of that to get started with the professional school grind that much earlier.

In UBC, which is my target school you can apply to Pharmacy in 1st year, medical school and dental school in third so I don't see why they won't look at ur clinical experience in high school since we have a whopping 4-5 months to get clinical experience if they only count the stuff u do in college. I'm just asking