Summer Program @ OCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlleghenyPOD

1st Year MD-bound
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone accepted to it?? If so, when are you attending it?

I just got accepted to it and I'm going to the June 11-June 15 slot. Hope to see many others there in my time slot, see ya there guys!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
Enjoy the program man! I did the OCPM internship in early January and had an awesome experience. One cool thing is that we stayed with first/second year students for the week (I believe you guys are in the Case Western dorms because it is the summer session but I could be wrong). See if you can go on a tour of the new OCPM building...it is really beautiful. We only got to see the outside as the you needed a hardhat to go in the place. I understand they will be moving to the new building in mid July. Anywho, the ohio internship is very flexible and you can choose a number of activities during the week. :thumbup: I shadowed some students and pods at the local VA, shadowed a student at another local hospital, spent a lot of time at the cleveland foot and ankle clinic CFAC, attended a few classes, even helped pick away fat in the lower anatomy lab, and more. PM me if you want some more details on the program and thoughts of the experience. I wish you the best of luck and have a great time!!!

I will be sending in my app this week for the june internship, hopefully getting an acceptance letter. Does anyone know if they offer interviews to seniors applying in the next app cycle? (just asking as i experienced this at the temple internship!) ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,
Enjoy the program man! I did the OCPM internship in early January and had an awesome experience. One cool thing is that we stayed with first/second year students for the week (I believe you guys are in the Case Western dorms because it is the summer session but I could be wrong). See if you can go on a tour of the new OCPM building...it is really beautiful. We only got to see the outside as the you needed a hardhat to go in the place. I understand they will be moving to the new building in mid July. Anywho, the ohio internship is very flexible and you can choose a number of activities during the week. :thumbup: I shadowed some students and pods at the local VA, shadowed a student at another local hospital, spent a lot of time at the cleveland foot and ankle clinic CFAC, attended a few classes, even helped pick away fat in the lower anatomy lab, and more. PM me if you want some more details on the program and thoughts of the experience. I wish you the best of luck and have a great time!!!

Hey J! Thanks so much for the congrats! yea i'm pretty hypped up for it, considering that i was admitted to both the temple and ohio programs this summer, lol. I'm planning to go to the temple summer program as well from june 1-june 8 and then do the ohio program. My parents were like 'go to both and have a feel for the cities and medical programs there'. So..i'll be pretty busy this june, lol. Yea im pretty excited actually because i just talked to the admissions council from Temple and said that we'll be doing an extensive preceptorship program with podiatric radiologist/surgery for most of the time and for the OCPM program, im just excited because ive never been to cleveland and have heard so much good things about the foot clinic in the area as well as on OCPM's rising programs. :D :D

See you there Huskie! and good luck on getting in!!

I'll be there for the June 4th-8th session. Looking forward to it!

Just got accepted today into the June 11-15th slot, anyone else attending this ?

Congrats man! Dude who knows maybe we might get sent to the same foot clinic rotations, lol. See you there man!

:thumbup: :D