Temple/ TUSPM Summer Internship 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CowsRule

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I was just accepted to the Temple 2019 summer internship for June 7-14th! I was wondering if anyone else was accepted? I didn't find any forum for it, and wanted to make some new friends or know if anyone else was going! Or if anyone in the past has attended it would be cool to comment!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on being accepted! I attended the internship 2 years ago and I’m not sure if it’s changed at all, but I can definitely comment on my experience. It was a great way to learn more about the profession of podiatry and also experience the city of Philadelphia. Current 1st years were our chaperones the whole week and it was a mixture of presentations and shadowing opportunities. We had a lot of free time so it was awesome to spend time in the city with the other interns. I’m from PA so the city was not entirely unknown to me, but I still enjoyed my time theee because philly is an amazing city. At the end of the week we had to chance to be interviewed for a spot on that incoming class so that was pretty cool. Overall enjoyed it and learned more about podiatry which was my goal. In my opinion didn’t feel it was necessary to be an entire week. If you have any specific questions feel free pm me! I’ll be starting at Scholl in north chicago this fall.

Yeah I ended up going. It was definitely a great experience, I made a lot of friends, everyone there was super cool. They let us shadow a lot of physicians for 4/8 days of the week, and the rest was like workshops. They let us have 3 lunches for free, that was cool. They also paid/drove us to all the clinics/hospitals we shadowed podiatrist. I was coming from Florida and they paid for 7 days of housing(let us stay in the dorms), I just had to pay for my flight and the food. Legit a great experience, and first years did give us a tour, tell us about the experience. We also met a Resident, as well as met third and 4th years.