Summer Research as a DO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted859689

How successful have you guys been in finding summer research? Our home institution offers research but positions are limited to around 1/5 the class.

Have any of you had success in dry emailing other institutions about research? What are some good ways to find summer research you think? I'm looking for IM research but I'm literally open to anything right now. I've been emailing around and looking with no real success. Any pro tips? lol.

Members don't see this ad.

How successful have you guys been in finding summer research? Our home institution offers research but positions are limited to around 1/5 the class.

Have any of you had success in dry emailing other institutions about research? What are some good ways to find summer research you think? I'm looking for IM research but I'm literally open to anything right now. I've been emailing around and looking with no real success. Any pro tips? lol.
I found it just cold emailing PI's at MD schools, might not be possible now due to COVID

depending on what you’re looking for see if any of the residents at your home program need help doing the scut work they don’t want to do for their required research during residency. Literally any residency program really.