summer research question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FindingNismo

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

In general, how hard is it to get into the summer research programs for undergrads? I'm not looking at the amgen programs, but at a bunch of different programs offered by individual universities.
(this page: http://www.aamc.org/members/great/summerlinks.htm)

I'd really like to do one of these programs but i'm not sure if my gpa (3.48) and lack of any research experience will really hurt my chances of getting in somewhere. I've got the opportunity to do a study abroad program in my major, which makes it a little more complicated for me because i have to decide if i definately want to study abroad, or i should take my chances at applying to one of these programs.

Thanks!