Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Summer Research

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by USbound, Apr 28, 2004.

1. USbound

USbound Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

It is probably too late to look for this summer, but for future reference where is the best place to look for research positions?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ad_sharp

ad_sharp Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's probably too late everywhere. You should look at perspective grad schools for summer positions. Also ask you department at your school if they have received any fliers for undergrad summer research positions. I did research with the program at OU (where I'll be going this fall) throught the SURE program. It was great and I'm sure that it helped me get in. You should shop around. Many of these programs are pretty competitive. If you want any info on the SURE program or summer research in general, throw me a pm and I'll be happy to tell you more/assist you in your search.

4. honsano

honsano Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know if it is too late. I mean it is cutting it really really really close, but if you know a professor and did well in his/her class ask him/her. Also, if you don't mind not being paid tell, them that too. I know when I told that to the person I am going to do research for, they were excited to hear that and couldn't wait to get me started. It really depends on the school you go to though and the relationship you have with your department/professors. Hope that helps and don't stop trying yet if you really want to.

5. fullefect1

fullefect1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Do a google search for "SURP".

6. Thundrstorm

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It's too late for just about every paid internship out there, but if you don't need the money, you can probably find a volunteer position at your school by just asking around to see if any professors will let you help out for the summer. Good luck.