Summer School Courses!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McMaster96

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know med school does not accept summer school courses like the GPA. However do they count it as completed. For example, the prereq for one is 2 years of chemistry, so I took first year chemistry in the summer and I'm planning to take organic chemistry in the summer as well. I know it won't be in my GPA, however will they decline me cause I finished the prereq couses in the summer, or will it be okay? Like I took both the 2 full year chems in summer school, will they count my prereqs as completed and still consider me?

Btw, I am considering Canadian, American and UK Med Schools. However if you guys only have info on one (say Canadian) then feel free to reply! Any help is grateful!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I can speak for US... Summer courses count towards pre reqs. If you took them at your home university, they go into your gpa.

If you are not a U.S. Applicant, for instance Canadian, I am pretty sure your summer pre reqs would still count.

UK....no clue how they do their transcripts.