Summer School Courses!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

McMaster96

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know med school does not accept summer school courses like the GPA. However do they count it as completed. For example, the prereq for one is 2 years of chemistry, so I took first year chemistry in the summer and I'm planning to take organic chemistry in the summer as well. I know it won't be in my GPA, however will they decline me cause I finished the prereq couses in the summer, or will it be okay? Like I took both the 2 full year chems in summer school, will they count my prereqs as completed and still consider me?

Btw, I am considering Canadian, American and UK Med Schools. However if you guys only have info on one (say Canadian) then feel free to reply! Any help is grateful!! 🙂
 
I can speak for US... Summer courses count towards pre reqs. If you took them at your home university, they go into your gpa.

If you are not a U.S. Applicant, for instance Canadian, I am pretty sure your summer pre reqs would still count.

UK....no clue how they do their transcripts.