Summer school load question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hilikus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this in allopathic but i thought i'd try this forum too:

I'm having an internal debate at the moment on whether to take 2 classes over 2 summer terms or 3-4 classes over 2 summer terms. I will definately be taking chem 1 & 2 this summer. But I was contemplating taking calc & bio 2 as well. I'm a non-trad and although I am not in a hurry, at the same time this could knock a year off and I can take the MCAT next April.

Suggestions? Advice? Experience? All is welcome, please help me decide here.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

2 classes is not too bad. However, 2 general chems, biology, and calc is a lot in the summer--especially since most of them have labs.

I took 13 hours one summer--general chem, calc II, soc, and public speaking. Not too bad, but even the easy courses require tons of "busy work."

Good luck on your decision,

Drumming

thanks for the reply...maybe i should just face the fact that i need to just concentrate, do it right and it will be here when it gets here...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by hilikus
thanks for the reply...maybe i should just face the fact that i need to just concentrate, do it right and it will be here when it gets here...

Summer school courses are very compressed and move along really fast, so unless you are really confident take only 1 course. I've seen curriculum for postbaccs and they generally list one course for the summer. I'm planning on finishing up Physics over the summer.

I concur. I'm taking only a 1 year sequence over the usmmer and I know it will be tough. The vast majority of postbacs only recommend general chem or general physics over the usmmer. During the year take 3 labs volunteer and or research and you should be fine.