Summer Start

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scrawnyguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a listing of schools with a late spring/early summer start? I've seen a couple (Saint Augustine, Simmons), but I was hoping that someone knew of a comprehensive list. Thx

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have a comprehensive list, but I can add MUSC in Charleston, SC to your list.

Members don't see this ad :)
BU starts at the end of may, MGH at the beginning of june (1st week) Emory starts in June (6/11 this past year, if you ahve any questions about emory, feel free to ask me, finishing my second week of second semester). Temple starts mid summer, like mid July I believe. those are the only ones I know of bc I applied to them.

Thanks! I get out of the Army in May 2014 and I don't want to find a job then bounce 3 months later to start school. I'll be taking accumulated leave time starting in March so I could possibly start a little earlier, but I will probably want a little time off before the grind of PT school. It's going to be the only factor in choosing schools, but all things being equal I would definitely choose a school with the early summer start.

UNLV starts in June (think), Touro NV starts early July, Midwestern Univ-Az starts in June,

East Carolina Univ. starts in late May. The tuition there is astonishing low, $6K/year for in-state students. But I assume you'll take advantage of the G.I. Bill? If so, tuition won't be too much of a concern.

Yeah, both Midwestern University in Phoenix and UNLV start the first week in June

East Carolina Univ. starts in late May. The tuition there is astonishing low, $6K/year for in-state students. But I assume you'll take advantage of the G.I. Bill? If so, tuition won't be too much of a concern.

Yeah, I'm using the GI Bill so tuition isn't as much of a concern to me as other people. After 3 deployments I would say I've earned it. There's still a cap though. They only pay up to in state tuition so anything above that would come out of my pocket. For private schools I believe they are paying up to 18K a year now. Some private schools chip in a little more on top of that. If I went to St. Augustine I could end up getting closer to 28K a year. That's still leaves a healthy chunk to pay out of pocket. The combination of the May start and shorter program has me leaning towards St. Aug. If I start there in May 2014 I will be done around Aug 2016. If I start a regular 3 year program in August 2014 I won't be done until Aug 17. I'll be 32 before I start school so I am looking to knock school out and get started as a PT as soon as possible. Between my frat years and a decade in the Army I've done my share of partying. I want to get in and get out. Plus most of my family now leaves in SoCal and the lady friend's family is in NorCal. After years of living in different parts of the country, and world for that matter, I am ready to be close to family for a while.