Summertime Vet Work: What do I wear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bronzebluemoo

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,
I recently accepted a summertime internship working with a rural vet in my area. I'm going to be following her around being her assistant and it's PAID!
I currently have a pair of Dickies navy blue short sleeved coveralls, but am thinking of upgrading to something a little more sturdy. What do you guys recommend I wear when I work with her? I'm thinking farmer's bibs (like the brown non-insulated type Carhartt sells) but am afraid they might be too warm. Any ideas would help!

Thanks!
 
Hi guys,
I recently accepted a summertime internship working with a rural vet in my area. I'm going to be following her around being her assistant and it's PAID!
I currently have a pair of Dickies navy blue short sleeved coveralls, but am thinking of upgrading to something a little more sturdy. What do you guys recommend I wear when I work with her? I'm thinking farmer's bibs (like the brown non-insulated type Carhartt sells) but am afraid they might be too warm. Any ideas would help!

Thanks!

I would consult your employer as to what she would prefer you wear.
 
Hi guys,
I recently accepted a summertime internship working with a rural vet in my area. I'm going to be following her around being her assistant and it's PAID!
I currently have a pair of Dickies navy blue short sleeved coveralls, but am thinking of upgrading to something a little more sturdy. What do you guys recommend I wear when I work with her? I'm thinking farmer's bibs (like the brown non-insulated type Carhartt sells) but am afraid they might be too warm. Any ideas would help!

Thanks!


Pella is my go-to coverall in the summer. Carhartt in the winter.
Muck boots or Bogs or tingley pullovers for shoes. Some people prefer steel toe.

But check to make sure you aren't supposed to be in something specific.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I worked with an equine veterinarian, I wore a scrub top and jeans with lace up barn boots. Pella is a good brand if you want to go the coverall route.
 
Asking your future boss will be the easiest for you.

As far as what I've done/seen so far, is the pants, scrub top, and leather boots combination. It was the dress code my equine veterinarian wanted us to wear.

Congrats on your awesome internship! [emoji1]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile