Sunburn eye??

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaverickBLUE

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a college student but i plan on studying optometry. i have worked in the optometry field for two years and i personally have never heard or seen this before. my friend has a red spot almost looking like busted blood vessels in his right eye in the corner. when i asked him what had happened he said he has had it for years ever since he was little. he told me his optometrist told him that his eye was sunburned?! is this possible? i would like to know if this is true and how can the eye become sunburned if it is possible? or does it sound like anything else?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a college student but i plan on studying optometry. i have worked in the optometry field for two years and i personally have never heard or seen this before. my friend has a red spot almost looking like busted blood vessels in his right eye in the corner. when i asked him what had happened he said he has had it for years ever since he was little. he told me his optometrist told him that his eye was sunburned?! is this possible? i would like to know if this is true and how can the eye become sunburned if it is possible? or does it sound like anything else?

You can get photo keratitis but it's usually from welder's flash or other similar injuries.

What you are describing on your friend does NOT sound like any sort of "sunburned eye." There are a number of things it can be, most of them are not serious. and if he is concerned about it, he should get a second opinion.

Sorry, SDN is not to be used for medical advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.