SUNY Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bobsacamenoh

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for SUNY to offer an interview after you have your stuff in? I just sent in the app online a week ago and I know that two of my letters were sent in before that. I am still waiting for one more letter to get there (I think - I haven't received a "checklist" from SUNY yet) and my SAT scores still need to be sent. Will they put my app on hold for the final two items?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bobsacamenoh said:
How long does it take for SUNY to offer an interview after you have your stuff in? I just sent in the app online a week ago and I know that two of my letters were sent in before that. I am still waiting for one more letter to get there (I think - I haven't received a "checklist" from SUNY yet) and my SAT scores still need to be sent. Will they put my app on hold for the final two items?

Thanks
I don't think they'd wait on the SAT scores, they may wait on that last letter (though I'm not positive about that). You could try calling up the admissions office to ask them about the status of your application to check on that last letter, and at the same time ask about what else needs to be completed before you would be offered an interview -- they won't mind. :)

SHould be couple weeks...I got mine interview even though my OD's letter wasn't in....soon enough i'd say!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, maybe I'm not English...But you're right though, I don't deserve to attend optometry school...I will only disgrace the profession.

r_salis said:
I don't think they'd wait on the SAT scores, they may wait on that last letter (though I'm not positive about that). You could try calling up the admissions office to ask them about the status of your application to check on that last letter, and at the same time ask about what else needs to be completed before you would be offered an interview -- they won't mind. :)

Quick question: I was invited to an interview to SUNY, and I'm going at the beginning of Nov. I wanted to know if anyone can share their interview experience (and/or give some pointers)... I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

alkers said:
Quick question: I was invited to an interview to SUNY, and I'm going at the beginning of Nov. I wanted to know if anyone can share their interview experience (and/or give some pointers)... I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Try doing a search in the optometry forum for "SUNY interview" -- and you'll get a few posts. :)

Woohoo! I got my interview invite from SUNY today...and I got paid! athankyou.

You got paid? by SUNY?

I got my first paycheck from my new job today on top of getting the invite...sorry for the confusion.