SUNY Buffalo question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmgoalie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently on the dreaded wait list. I interviewed in early December. I have read on many threads that some people who are also on the "wait" list know of their status (the middle third of the list, etc.) Who did you talk to to find out this information. I called and spoke to a secretary and she informed me that they, UB, have yet to rank anyone on the list. Any one who can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Ask for Mr. Rosso, he's the one who can tell you. The list isn't finalized though since they're interviewing through April.

Kazema said:
Ask for Mr. Rosso, he's the one who can tell you. The list isn't finalized though since they're interviewing through April.

Thanks for the help. I have read on other threads regarding Buffalo's wait list that people quote "I'm in the middle third" or "I'm in the top third". I was wondering how they knew. I was also told that the list was yet finalized.

Members don't see this ad :)
yep - give mr rosso a call - hes very nice and very honest. i just called the other day though and found out that whereas i used to be in the top 1/3rd ive been pushed back to the middle 1/3rd..... and that they are now interviewing through april 6, not the end of feb. as originally planned. sigh. talk about a downer. good luck though! you might be one of the kids who shook up the list!!

Uh oh if you're in the middle 1/3 now I wonder where I am...

Kazema said:
Uh oh if you're in the middle 1/3 now I wonder where I am...

haha - we're probably right next to eachother... im sick of this waitlist hell - mr rosso said himself to not call until after april 6th because there could still be movement between now and then... and if i go down any further in the 1 school i really really really really want to go to, i might just have to quit at life all together and start hooking on a street corner for my booze money.... haha. dont i just sound like the stellar applicant?

as a side note - do you know if they actually reject people post interview? im trying to guesstimate the size of the waitlist and the fact that they are interviewing for another 5 weeks or so means up to another 150 people who could get thrown onto the waitlist.... oy.

I don't think they reject anyone, but I think they do drop people off the bottom of the waitlist once it gets finalized.

April 6th? Good God! Why do you guys think they pushed their interview season back so far? Do you think it's because they received a greater amount of applicants this year? Or maybe it's because we all suck and they have yet to find a worthy bunch of applicants that they deem a competent waitlist? :confused: Seriously though. What do you think the deal is?

i think its just the volume of people applying - which just BLOWS. back in december they said that they had already received 3000 apps compared to last years 2000 - but why still interview? why push the dates back *that* far?? not to be a bitch, but i feel like if you get your app in on the last possible date, you shouldnt be in the same consideration of everyone else who was done by october....esp when the buffalo secondary was to just send a check. now theyre reading all of these apps which must have gotten in late december and are just as viable as the august applicants - pushing everything back by 6 weeks. UGH. can you tell im uber bitter??