Suny-Buffalo vs. Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stasy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any ideas anyone? Tuition difference is great yet, i am not sure which school is better?

Members don't see this ad.

I would choose Crieghton, but not if you're going to go $100,000 more in debt. Med school is med school and you learn the same stuff no matter where you go (just in different ways). I would avoid PBL like the plague if you can, but go where you'd feel comfortable and (if possible) where you'd have low enough levels of debt so that you can choose whatever specialty you like. For instance, going into peds with $300,000 of debt might be difficult to justify since you may not earn enough money in peds to pay that amount of money back for quite some time (and you may have trouble affording the monthly payments even when you are done with residency). These are just some things to think about.

Thanks, I am leaning toward buffalo due to the price and the east coast location, but i know nothing of its reputation vs that of Creighton...