Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Need some advice from people more familiar with the schools (from the west coast, don't really know much about either school). Cost of attendance is the same for both. I am looking to go into a pretty competitive specialty.
Buffalo
Pros
Cons
Downstate
Pros
I know both the schools have a pretty equal reputation, but which one has the slight edge? Thank you
Buffalo
Pros
- Slightly nicer area? (although I didn't really see any of the city because I went during a snowstorm)
- More research opportunities from what I could tell?
- New hospital opening this year
Cons
- Snows more than NYC
- Graded pre-clinical years
- Less things to do than NYC
Downstate
Pros
- P/F pre-clinical (although I hear conflicting information about whether ornot it is true P/F)
- Might be cool to live in the city for 4 years
- Med school dorms right on campus, don't need a car in NYC
- Pretty rough area, hospital looks older
- The administration doesn't seem as organized
I know both the schools have a pretty equal reputation, but which one has the slight edge? Thank you