SUNY Buffalo Wet Lab Prep Course-worth it??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BetseyJohnson

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Two states in which I'm considering working after I graduate are GA and NY. Would the Buffalo course be helpful for both states' wet lab exams? I don't have much experience with IV compounding, aside from the few days I spent in the IV room while on rotation.
 
Thank you very much. Also, I was looking for specific dates on the SUNY Buffalo website. Is the "Comprehensive Law Review CE" the course that includes the wet lab review, or is it another course (http://pharmacy.buffalo.edu/pages/80/CE-Calendar.html)? Also, does anyone have any information regarding the costs of the course? I will have to fly to take this course (from out-of-state), but it's worth it, if it means getting my pharmacist license sooner.
 
If you're coming in from out of state, definitely take the review course. I honestly don't think you'd be able to pass the compounding portion without it.

The comprehensive law CE is a separate course, focusing on the MPJE portion of the licensing exam. It also is worth it if you're unfamiliar with NYS law (there are a lot of weird idiosyncracies, so I would also recommend taking it). It's a two-day crash course that covers all the pertinent federal and state laws, offered by our law professor (it's been going on for over a decade now and is very well-received).

I'm not sure of the costs; I think they're each a few hundred bucks. The UB website or front office will be able to tell you for sure.