SUNY Class of 2024

Started by RC123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RC123

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I just wanted to create this thread for those of us who will be attending SUNY this coming fall so we can get to know each other and keep in contact a bit before the start of the semester and share any questions about things we need to do for enrollment
 
Hi! I put down a deposit but I am still interviewing at one more school at the end of January. I'm just curious, what were your reasons for choosing SUNY?
 
Hi! I put down a deposit but I am still interviewing at one more school at the end of January. I'm just curious, what were your reasons for choosing SUNY?
Hey! Good luck with your upcoming interview! SUNY has always been my number one school for more than one reason but one of the things I really love about the school is their onsite clinic and early clinical exposure. Also I was drawn to the professors and student body - everyone was extremely friendly and it’s a place where students and staff truly want to see you succeed and help you do so which is something that’s really important to me in a school ( I have a lot of friends in the program there now and they agree). I also live in NY and love nyc so staying in state is a plus for me. Hope that helped!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I put down a deposit but I am still interviewing at one more school at the end of January. I'm just curious, what were your reasons for choosing SUNY?

I also forgot to mention that I like the fact that they have the option of dual degree programs with the option to do MBA or research which is something that I’m interested in as well!
 
Hey! Good luck with your upcoming interview! SUNY has always been my number one school for more than one reason but one of the things I really love about the school is their onsite clinic and early clinical exposure. Also I was drawn to the professors and student body - everyone was extremely friendly and it’s a place where students and staff truly want to see you succeed and help you do so which is something that’s really important to me in a school ( I have a lot of friends in the program there now and they agree). I also live in NY and love nyc so staying in state is a plus for me. Hope that helped!

That does help! I would be coming to SUNY from California so I have a bit more hesitation when it comes to that but I really loved the school and everything about it. Just trying to figure out my best option. Thanks for the help!
 
SUNY told me to retake my OAT but I am super worried that it will be super late in admissions when I retake it. Retaking it in a month.
 
How long after your interview did you guys hear back?
They usually respond within the same day after the tour or within 2 days after for everyone who applied early. But they are starting to take a week to make decisions now and told me it may take a week 1/2. I heard back 4 days after my interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just retook the OAT and SUNY then offered me an interview. Interviewing on Feb 3rd! Top choice as well!!!
Good luck with your interview. Would you mind sharing your first OAT score? I am a little confused about their OAT acceptance range because I have a very low OAT score so I am not sure if I even get an interview if I apply at the end of the cycle.
 
Is anyone else concerned about the virus impacting the start of classes or school in the fall? I know that it will likely be online, but still.