SUNY Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RC123

Reaction score
Hi guys! I just wanted to create this thread for those of us who will be attending SUNY this coming fall so we can get to know each other and keep in contact a bit before the start of the semester and share any questions about things we need to do for enrollment

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I put down a deposit but I am still interviewing at one more school at the end of January. I'm just curious, what were your reasons for choosing SUNY?

Hi! I put down a deposit but I am still interviewing at one more school at the end of January. I'm just curious, what were your reasons for choosing SUNY?
Hey! Good luck with your upcoming interview! SUNY has always been my number one school for more than one reason but one of the things I really love about the school is their onsite clinic and early clinical exposure. Also I was drawn to the professors and student body - everyone was extremely friendly and it’s a place where students and staff truly want to see you succeed and help you do so which is something that’s really important to me in a school ( I have a lot of friends in the program there now and they agree). I also live in NY and love nyc so staying in state is a plus for me. Hope that helped!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I also forgot to mention that I like the fact that they have the option of dual degree programs with the option to do MBA or research which is something that I’m interested in as well!

Hey! Good luck with your upcoming interview! SUNY has always been my number one school for more than one reason but one of the things I really love about the school is their onsite clinic and early clinical exposure. Also I was drawn to the professors and student body - everyone was extremely friendly and it’s a place where students and staff truly want to see you succeed and help you do so which is something that’s really important to me in a school ( I have a lot of friends in the program there now and they agree). I also live in NY and love nyc so staying in state is a plus for me. Hope that helped!

That does help! I would be coming to SUNY from California so I have a bit more hesitation when it comes to that but I really loved the school and everything about it. Just trying to figure out my best option. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey I put down my deposit as well:) Do you know when the fb group will be made?

Hey guys, I just put down my deposit as well! :)

How long after your interview did you guys hear back?

SUNY told me to retake my OAT but I am super worried that it will be super late in admissions when I retake it. Retaking it in a month.

SUNY told me to retake my OAT but I am super worried that it will be super late in admissions when I retake it. Retaking it in a month.
was this after your interview? a provisional acceptance or just a recommendation?

How long after your interview did you guys hear back?
They usually respond within the same day after the tour or within 2 days after for everyone who applied early. But they are starting to take a week to make decisions now and told me it may take a week 1/2. I heard back 4 days after my interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
was this after your interview? a provisional acceptance or just a recommendation?
Recommendation. They said everything else made me a strong candiate but would make a final decision after I retake my OAT.

Recommendation. They said everything else made me a strong candiate but would make a final decision after I retake my OAT.
If you don't mind sharing, what did you score for them to tell you to retake it?

I’m interviewing on January 27th! My top choice :happy:

Just retook the OAT and SUNY then offered me an interview. Interviewing on Feb 3rd! Top choice as well!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed at SUNY this past Monday and today I just found I got accepted!! It was my top choice so I can't wait to attend in the Fall!

Reactions: 3 users
Just retook the OAT and SUNY then offered me an interview. Interviewing on Feb 3rd! Top choice as well!!!
Good luck with your interview. Would you mind sharing your first OAT score? I am a little confused about their OAT acceptance range because I have a very low OAT score so I am not sure if I even get an interview if I apply at the end of the cycle.

I interviewed on 1/30! But haven’t heard yet

Just got my acceptance letter!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Officially SUNY class 2024!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the background check consent request is due? is there a set deadline date?

Is anyone else concerned about the virus impacting the start of classes or school in the fall? I know that it will likely be online, but still.