SUNY Downstate DPT 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Snow197

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I noticed that there isn't a thread for Downstate yet. Wondering if anyone has heard from SUNY Downstate's DPT program yet? I've heard that they usually start reviewing applications around this time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, Future Downstate applicant here.. may I ask when you began your application?

Hello, Future Downstate applicant here.. may I ask when you began your application?

I submitted pretty late, around beginning of November. Not recommended though. Submit as early as you can!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted pretty late, around beginning of November. Not recommended though. Submit as early as you can!

Thank you for your response. I am taking my GRE next week. Do you think I can apply to Downstate when I'm missing only one pre-req (physics II)? Btw, Good luck.

I'm not sure. It's been a while since I checked the prereq requirements. I'm taking a year off after undergrad so I already finished all of my prereqs but you should check their site for prereq requirements. If that's the only one you're missing you should be ok. Best of luck to you too!

I'm not sure. It's been a while since I checked the prereq requirements. I'm taking a year off after undergrad so I already finished all of my prereqs but you should check their site for prereq requirements. If that's the only one you're missing you should be ok. Best of luck to you too!

Hi I applied around beginning of November as well, but I still haven't heard back from them, since they pushed the deadline to Jan, It was Nov 15 as I rmb, I dont know if they do rolling admission or they just start reviewing after the deadline ?

Hi I applied around beginning of November as well, but I still haven't heard back from them, since they pushed the deadline to Jan, It was Nov 15 as I rmb, I dont know if they do rolling admission or they just start reviewing after the deadline ?

They actually pushed deadline again to Feb. I know someone who had interview about a week or two ago so was just wondering if majority of people heard back from them already. Lol I just placed my deposit for another school.

They actually pushed deadline again to Feb. I know someone who had interview about a week or two ago so was just wondering if majority of people heard back from them already. Lol I just placed my deposit for another school.

The people who already had the interview, do they applied so early? since there are not many people talk about this school yet, I don't know much about the admission this year

The people who already had the interview, do they applied so early? since there are not many people talk about this school yet, I don't know much about the admission this year

Probably not much earlier. Early October maybe? I sent everything in early November

I sent my application in around mid July or so, I just received an interview with Downstate yesterday. I was waitlisted last year and was hoping to get another shot at their program, but I got into some other programs I really fell in love with and will be declining my spot. Hopefully you guys start hearing some responses from them soon!

Was also wondering if anyone heard back from downstate yet. Anyone mind sharing their stats?

Did anyone hear back from SUNY downstate yet? I applied on mid-November, and they said my application was sent to admission committee back in early Feb

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been scheduled for two interviews at other schools (completed one, one coming up today), and still haven't heard anything from downstate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Did anyone hear back from SUNY downstate yet? I applied on mid-November, and they said my application was sent to admission committee back in early Feb
I finally got a phone call from them today inviting me for an interview. Working on the logistics of that now.

I finally got a phone call from them today inviting me for an interview. Working on the logistics of that now.
A phone call? No email? Do you happen to remember the number they called you by?

A phone call? No email? Do you happen to remember the number they called you by?
Haha yea I thought the phone call was a little strange. I'm used to getting emails about these types of things. I'm sorry I don't have the number :lame:

Int
Haha yea I thought the phone call was a little strange. I'm used to getting emails about these types of things. I'm sorry I don't have the number :lame:
Interesting haha. I'm just wondering now because I had a phone call from a number I didn't recognize the same day as you. Should have picked up

Hi All,
I interviewed at Suny Downstate on January 18th, and was accepted on January 24th. As of right now I will be attending this summer.

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't like that they require work and volunteer experience AFTER you agree to interview. I seem to recall the volunteer experience being part of the application. I'm a non-traditional student, and remembering everything I've done since high school was quite difficult.

Got put on the alternate list last week. Anyone else?

Hi guys. I applied back in October and still haven’t received an answer. I emailed them about two weeks ago just confirming they had everything they needed from me and they said my application was still being reviewed. Are a lot of people still waiting for a response of any kind? My friend and I applied the same day and she’s got accepted about two months ago. Thinking it’s a bad sign to have not heard anything yet..

Cool, just wanted to see how many of us are on the list. Hoping we get in!

Hi guys. I applied back in October and still haven’t received an answer. I emailed them about two weeks ago just confirming they had everything they needed from me and they said my application was still being reviewed. Are a lot of people still waiting for a response of any kind? My friend and I applied the same day and she’s got accepted about two months ago. Thinking it’s a bad sign to have not heard anything yet..
Hey did you interview? I believe the interviews are over but I could be mistaken

Hey did you interview? I believe the interviews are over but I could be mistaken
No interview. I haven’t heard a thing since they confirmed they received my application. I think you’re right about the interviews coming to an end.

No interview. I haven’t heard a thing since they confirmed they received my application. I think you’re right about the interviews coming to an end.
When I was called for an interview (they emailed first, then called), they offered me several dates (as I was coming from out of state). Many of the dates were in April, but I chose a March date for convenience. Don't lose hope!

hi there everyone! congratulations to those who have been accepted into the program. I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing their demographics? cumulative GPA, science GPA, GRE scores, amount of volunteer hours. Most appreciated! Cheers....

Also, I have noticed that Downstate SUNY isn't participating in the next admission cycle based on the PTCAS website....Would anyone happen to know the reason behind this?

hi there everyone! congratulations to those who have been accepted into the program. I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing their demographics? cumulative GPA, science GPA, GRE scores, amount of volunteer hours. Most appreciated! Cheers....

Also, I have noticed that Downstate SUNY isn't participating in the next admission cycle based on the PTCAS website....Would anyone happen to know the reason behind this?
SUNY Downstate is a non PTCAS school, but I think they will be a PTCAS school next cycle.

Hi, I was accepted to downstate a few months ago and will be attending this summer. Overall GPA was 3.42, Science GPA was 3.30, GRE score was 154 Verbal and 149 Math. I worked in a PT clinic so I had over 2,000 plus hours in outpatient, and over 300 in acute care/ rehab.

Reactions: 1 users
I just emailed them the other day to hear any update about my application. All they said was that it's still under review. But I honestly doubt at this time I'll be hearing any good news back. Seems really late into this cycle to hear anything back at all.

Hi, I was accepted to downstate a few months ago and will be attending this summer. Overall GPA was 3.42, Science GPA was 3.30, GRE score was 154 Verbal and 149 Math. I worked in a PT clinic so I had over 2,000 plus hours in outpatient, and over 300 in acute care/ rehab.
Congrats! Thank you for sharing

I just heard back from them today. I was previously placed on the waiting list after my interview in January. I'm contemplating on whether I should accept. I wasn't expecting it and have been anticipating start of class for Touro in August, so if anyone know anything about the programs and can give some help for deciding that would be great!

I just heard back from them today. I was previously placed on the waiting list after my interview in January. I'm contemplating on whether I should accept. I wasn't expecting it and have been anticipating start of class for Touro in August, so if anyone know anything about the programs and can give some help for deciding that would be great!
Hey congratulations on your acceptance to Touro and Downstate! I was rejected at Touro and currently on the waitlist for Downstate and Mercy. Personally I would be happy to go to either school! I envy you!

I have friends who have graduated from Touro and say it was great. I also think Downstate is a great program. Maybe you can schedule a sit-in at Downstate? I did this myself and sat in on a class with Dr. Z. I got to see first hand on what it is like to be a student there and perhaps do the same at Touro?

Congrats again!

Hey congratulations on your acceptance to Touro and Downstate! I was rejected at Touro and currently on the waitlist for Downstate and Mercy. Personally I would be happy to go to either school! I envy you!

I have friends who have graduated from Touro and say it was great. I also think Downstate is a great program. Maybe you can schedule a sit-in at Downstate? I did this myself and sat in on a class with Dr. Z. I got to see first hand on what it is like to be a student there and perhaps do the same at Touro?

Congrats again!
Thank you. I turned down my offer at Downstate today. Honestly received the decision too late and I still had lots to do before school started, so I hope someone else would be able to benefit from it

Thank you. I turned down my offer at Downstate today. Honestly received the decision too late and I still had lots to do before school started, so I hope someone else would be able to benefit from it
I just got accepted yesterday at Downstate so I think I should thank Snow197 for declining your spot. I am glad you will be happy at Touro! Best of luck to everyone else with their applications!

Question- for schools like downstate, what do you consider a "pre req gpa?" Does this include the stats, psych and elective courses they have listed as prereqs or would you only count the science/math? Thanks!

I just got accepted yesterday at Downstate so I think I should thank Snow197 for declining your spot. I am glad you will be happy at Touro! Best of luck to everyone else with their applications!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Best of luck to you!

Question- for schools like downstate, what do you consider a "pre req gpa?" Does this include the stats, psych and elective courses they have listed as prereqs or would you only count the science/math? Thanks!

I remember when I did the application for downstate there was an external site where you had to enter all of your grades for the prereqs, and then the system generated a "prereq" GPA on its own. So yeah they counted the stats, psych, and elective courses in the calculations in that GPA. But I think there was another number that was science only.

Hello! I got an interview at SUNY Downstate!!!! Will somebody please let me in the process? Was it a group interview? What type of questions did they asked? It is a 2 hour interview and I thought that's pretty long... thanks in advance :)

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your GPA, Pre Req, GRE, and hours of observation?

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your GPA, Pre Req, GRE, and hours of observation?
Thank you and sure

cGPA 3.83
pre req GPA 3.87
GRE 146V 151Q 4.0AW
1050 hours in outpatient, 500 hours in inpatient
Letters from 2 PTs and 1 Professor