SUNY DOWNSTATE OT interview essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am thinking about possibly sitting in on the one that is April 1st (social skills, asd), since that's the only one that is over my spring break. They all looked so interesting!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I was just accepted to Downstate after interviewing with Dr. Sabari on March 5th. I can't wait to meet you all and get started in June. :)

Is anyone planning on sitting in on any classes in the next few months?

I was thinking It would be great to coordinate with someone else/a group to attend a class together and grab a bite to eat either before or after. The ADL class on April 16th works for my schedule and would be something I'd be interested in attending, but I'm pretty flexible.

Anyone interested??

I might be interested- I'd have to see if I can work it out with my work schedule, though. I'll need to start apartment hunting soon so maybe I can sneak a class in while I'm down there!

Members don't see this ad :)
The class on April 1st would actually work for me as well. Instead of coordinating this through these forums, maybe it makes sense to switch over to an email convo? If you're interested in planning to meet up, get some coffee/food, and attend a class, email me at [email protected]

Also, off topic, does anyone have any information on the "on campus apartments" and/or intend on living in hem? I currently have about an hour and a half commute so I'm considering them since they're cheap but I'm still not sure.

I've looked into them but I'm not crazy about the neighborhood. I've heard from other students that you probably don't want to be around there at night.That said, there are big pros of living on campus (no commute, close to gym/pool) but I don't think that's enough to make me live there. I'm looking into splitting rent with 1-2 other people and the price will probably be comparable to living on campus (if we find a good deal).

Those are all good points. I definitely like the convenience of being so close, but I haven't really looked into the neighborhood yet. I know in that email it said we would be getting contact information about classmates soon, and I'm not sure if you already have roommate(s) planned, but I would potentially be interested if you don't! My email is [email protected]. I'm not really sure how to go about getting roommates and I wouldn't want to be placed with a total, random stranger!

Regarding apartments, there are usually flyers throughout the school of med students looking for roommates.

Hi all! I was just accepted to Downstate after interviewing with Dr. Sabari on March 5th. I can't wait to meet you all and get started in June. :)

Is anyone planning on sitting in on any classes in the next few months?

awesam, how did you hear about your acceptance? I got interviewed last week and was wondering if they would email me before sending out a letter.

Hmmmot, I didn't receive an email beforehand but my admissions checklist was updated a few days before the letter arrived. That was all about two weeks after the interview, so you've still got time! Good luck!

at last !!! i am in. Downstate here i come

you i was constantly checking the checklist but nothing is there, i received email from Downstate congratulating me on making the cut

Congrats! Was it an email about a fb group or just a congrats email?

Anyone else hear back from Downstate recently? I interviewed in the beginning of the month and am still waiting for a decision. What exactly is the class size? 30? 32? Any information will be greatly appreciated!!

To those that got accepted, how long after your checklist was updated did you receive the acceptance letter? My checklist updated Monday but I haven't received anything yet so I'm not sure if I'm accepted or on the alternate list.

And OT919 when I interviewed she told me the class size is 32 this year.

It took 2-3 days after the checklist was updated. It's an excruciating few days haha, hang in there!

hm..its been about a week since the checklist update and I still haven't received anything in the mail. I'm going to try to give them a call Monday. Btw does the letter require a signature at the time of delivery? or does it come by regular mail?

I think it came by UPS and it didn't require a signature.

So I found out I am actually on the alternate list :( I don't know how likely it is for an alternate to receive acceptance... I've been waitlisted at all my schools so I'm praying for atleast one acceptance