SUNY Downstate parking situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

garoldee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know what the deal is with parking for 1st year students?

Members don't see this ad.

theres a reason allopathic threads/boards exist...

theres a reason allopathic threads/boards exist...

I daaare you to post on the general allo board!! OP, go to the Downstate class of 2011 thread and ask there I am sure you will get good answers.

Members don't see this ad :)
I daaare you to post on the general allo board!! OP, go to the Downstate class of 2011 thread and ask there I am sure you will get good answers.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i meant to say allopathic class threads...:laugh: same difference

thanks, but unfortunately i tried and got nothing. guess i will try again

I can't say from experience, but while on the interview I seem to remember the students telling us that there was no parking available for students, 1st year or otherwise. To have a car, you'd have to arrange parking seperately - and I wouldn't trust trying to park it in the street in that area. For my part, assuming I go there (which seems pretty likely at this point) I'll be leaving my car at my parents house in Queens.

SUNY is 2 blocks from the subway, fer chrissakes! Do you really need a car?

I can't say from experience, but while on the interview I seem to remember the students telling us that there was no parking available for students, 1st year or otherwise. To have a car, you'd have to arrange parking seperately - and I wouldn't trust trying to park it in the street in that area. For my part, assuming I go there (which seems pretty likely at this point) I'll be leaving my car at my parents house in Queens.

I think I remember my tour guides saying that getting a permit (or something like that) was no problem, but finding a spot would be...