SUNY Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

limbo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone that interviewed in January hear from Downstate yet? Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, 1/5/05 and no news yet :(
i heard they're really behind..not that that helps us.

damn damn damn. the suspense is killing me. Best of Luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
putting it out there again. anyone interview @ downstate in january and hear back from them?

I interviewed Jan 26 and the guy said 6-10 weeks ot hear, but closer to 10 cuz they are behind.

Interviewed 1/11. Nothing. So what else is new...

just called them. the lasy i spoke with said that even though i interviewed on 1/13 its way to early to expect to hear from them. this is so silly.

I interviewed Dec. 1 and still haven't heard. I just called and they told me it can take up to 10 weeks. I pointed out that it's been longer than 10 weeks now, and they keep insisting that it hasn't been. I guess they don't count the holidays.

It's worrying me a bit though. Taking this long can't be good news.

dont think like that. i think they really just dont have their act together.

fantastic, my interview's not even till the end of this month. oh well, i'm used to waiting and waiting and waiting... good luck everyone

hi all, just checking again. anyone who interviewed in jan or dec hear yet?

limbo said:
hi all, just checking again. anyone who interviewed in jan or dec hear yet?

Jan 6th and nothing.

still no word!! (Dec. 1)

Members don't see this ad :)
lightnk102 said:
still no word!! (Dec. 1)

wow, something's got to be up... i know someone who interviewed after you (but still in early december) and got a decision a few weeks ago. strange.

heard back from them today. interviewed on dec.22.

btw, start your finanacial aid asap guys. the priority deadline's 3/1.

akaneko said:
heard back from them today. interviewed on dec.22.

btw, start your finanacial aid asap guys. the priority deadline's 3/1.

two questions:

1. fill out the financial aid paperwork even if we dont know if we got in yet?

2. if you dont mind...did u get in?

guys,

i was wondering, have any of you guys ever heard from anyone about how crucial to the admissions decision the interview is at downstate? i'm curious because i know that downstate is really big on clinical experiences and other life experiences (their older student body) and significant clinical experience is one of the weak points of my application. i just hope that that's not going to hurt me even if i have a good interview. thanks for the input. good luck for those who are waiting to hear.

medstylee said:
guys,

i was wondering, have any of you guys ever heard from anyone about how crucial to the admissions decision the interview is at downstate? i'm curious because i know that downstate is really big on clinical experiences and other life experiences (their older student body) and significant clinical experience is one of the weak points of my application. i just hope that that's not going to hurt me even if i have a good interview. thanks for the input. good luck for those who are waiting to hear.

i was wondering the same exact thing. im an old lady (older today, its my bday so im hoping downstate realized it and is just waiting to send my acceptance letter today as a lil bday surprise...yeah yeah i know, im demented...comes with age) and my interviewer went on and on about clinical experience and my apparent lack thereof. so if anyone can shed some light this situation, by all means...do tell

medstylee...good luck!

yup, I got an acceptance letter.

at least start your FAFSA now, regardless of your application status.

akaneko said:
yup, I got an acceptance letter.

at least start your FAFSA now, regardless of your application status.

congratulations!

downstate is really slow, i called up the office and the guy started rambling about how how much work they have and holidays and stuff

to make matters worse they put me on "hold"... whatever that means??

burgers said:
downstate is really slow, i called up the office and the guy started rambling about how how much work they have and holidays and stuff

to make matters worse they put me on "hold"... whatever that means??

so they told you your status over the phone?

Cerberus said:
is Downstate still interviewing?

yeah man. i have an interview in a couple of days and i received my invite only a week or so ago. good luck.

limbo said:
so they told you your status over the phone?

no man, i got it in the mail like everyone else
i interviewed at the end of novemeber though and i think my letter came in feb.
is "hold" another word for waitlist at this point??

hi all, just my weekly check to see if anyone has heard, be it accepted or rejected, from dowstate. thanks.

accepted. Holding my spot till I find out about financial info from other schools and/if I got taken off a certain waitlist.

when did u interview?

limbo said:
when did u interview?

BUMP

I'm curious about this myself..by the way, congratulations, Latency :clap: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I interviewed really early, it was my first interview...hmmmm october 20something. I found out in December.

i interviewed at downstate recently and i really liked it.
i'm just curious, do you guys know if downstate rejects anyone post-interview, or is everyone placed on some sort of hold-list? thanks

limbo said:
Did anyone that interviewed in January hear from Downstate yet? Just curious.

i went 1/15 and got in yesterday

this is ridunkulous!!! still no word from downstate!

ML Surf - yea two year northeast DII champions shere san da bunch of other carap. Can't wait to tear it up man it's gonna be sweet. I'm also wasted. Happy hour with free wings is the greatest thing i can imagine after this acceptance other thand ICED BERRY PINATAS GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. good thing they were selling outside the bar!?

Even in this state i am checking this damn website, who the hell am i

Anyone else interview in january and hear? I feel like the person who interviewed on 1/15 heard real quick for downstate? I interviewed on 26th and havent heard anythin

boyz, i hear you. i interviewed towards the end of january, and am still waiting on a response. i called the admissions office towards the beginning of the week to check on my application, and i was told that Downstate "no longer provides status checks over the telephone." :( I :love: Downstate...I'm praying that they will return the love with an acceptance :)

well, they might be able to make decisions quicker these days because it seems like they're wrapping things up in terms of interviews. i was there very recently and there were only two other interviewees there that day. also, my tour guide told us that he interviewed around this time last year and heard within a month about his acceptance. i have no idea if they were less backed up last year, but maybe things will speed up now.

on a different subject, did anyone else feel like the interview was very impersonal? maybe it was just my particular interviewer, but i felt that the combination of this person's stone-cold demeanor and the list of questions from admissions prevented me from presenting myself any differently than the way i appear on my application. i don't want to call the day a waste of time because i learned a ton during the visit and i really developed a liking for the school, but i just feel like the admissions committee won't really gain much extra insight about me from my interview. ughh - frustrating and unsettling! (what's new) best of luck.

Actually I found my interviewer at downstate there to be the nicest one I had at all my interviews, it was Dr. Hom. Who interviewed you? Maybe it was enjoyable because we both had very similar interests, and at the current time I want to pursue the field he is in.

medstylee said:
well, they might be able to make decisions quicker these days because it seems like they're wrapping things up in terms of interviews. i was there very recently and there were only two other interviewees there that day. also, my tour guide told us that he interviewed around this time last year and heard within a month about his acceptance. i have no idea if they were less backed up last year, but maybe things will speed up now.

on a different subject, did anyone else feel like the interview was very impersonal? maybe it was just my particular interviewer, but i felt that the combination of this person's stone-cold demeanor and the list of questions from admissions prevented me from presenting myself any differently than the way i appear on my application. i don't want to call the day a waste of time because i learned a ton during the visit and i really developed a liking for the school, but i just feel like the admissions committee won't really gain much extra insight about me from my interview. ughh - frustrating and unsettling! (what's new) best of luck.

anyone know what is goin to go on with the people put on hold. whether they will take ppl off that list and then put ppl on the waitlist..

I interviewed on Jan 11th and was accepted this past Wed (March 2nd)! I received an acceptance email on Wed and the acceptance packet came in today's mail.

pumpkin628 said:
I interviewed on Jan 11th and was accepted this past Wed (March 2nd)! I received an acceptance email on Wed and the acceptance packet came in today's mail.

Congratulations, pumpkin :clap: :clap: That's wonderful news :D

Will you definitely be going to Downstate?

pumpkin628 said:

anyone else get accepted this past wed via email?

docjolly said:
Congratulations, pumpkin :clap: :clap: That's wonderful news :D

Will you definitely be going to Downstate?

Docjolly,

I am definitely leaning towards Downstate, but am still waiting to hear back from a couple of other programs. I am also supposed to interview at Stonybrook on Tues, but don't think I would go there over Downstate (I live in NYC and don't know if I want to relocate that far out in LI) so I am wondering whether I should go or not. Anyone interviewed at both and have any input?

Good luck, Docjolly!

-pumpkin

so, is anyone else thinking that they interviewed before these people who already got accepted and that they didn't get in? :confused:

jclarke said:
so, is anyone else thinking that they interviewed before these people who already got accepted and that they didn't get in? :confused:

you took the words right out of my mouth. dont know about you but this is a double whammy for me, cause downstate was the only school i interviewed at.

limbo said:
you took the words right out of my mouth. dont know about you but this is a double whammy for me, cause downstate was the only school i interviewed at.

yo doan worry dude (or girl). i interviewed 1/19 actually and i heard back in 4 weeks but people who interviewed before me got accepted after me and on the same days as me, who knows how it all works. maybe write a letter of intent? send them ur past semester grades and what courses your taking now also.

pumpkin628 said:

Gosh, I was there on the 11th and I haven't heard a thing :scared:

beastmaster said:
Gosh, I was there on the 11th and I haven't heard a thing :scared:

I wouldn't worry. I think it really depends upon when your interviewer submitted his writeup for the committee to review. Some may get them in sooner than others, leading to an earlier review and decision. Good luck to you!

has anyone been rejected? i would feel more comfortable if i knew that there were people out there who were rejected.