SUNY Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any new news anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

YAY! I got off yesterday. I posted this last night but no one seems to see it or look at it. :rolleyes:

TRAUMEDDR said:
YAY! I got off yesterday. I posted this last night but no one seems to see it or look at it. :rolleyes:

Congradulations!! Wow finally the list is moving, how did they let you know? Call or mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Crasavitsa said:
Congradulations!! Wow finally the list is moving, how did they let you know? Call or mail?

Just PM me for details. :thumbup:

I interviewed in late march, then got put on 'Hold.' I got the phone call from the admissions secretery this Tuesday as I was putting air into my tires at a gas station. She asked about my intentions at other schools to which I was accepted (she must have the AMCAS database at hand). Once I told her that I was still interested in Downstate, she formally offered me an acceptance and overnighted the acceptance packet. I did nothing to further my candidacy (calls, intent letters, new grades, etc.). And since I just got into NYMC, I'll decline Downstate. One more spot opens up for one of you. Best Wishes.

Heh, im the opposite. Turned down nymc w/ a 20K dollar scholarship (well 10K upfront, 10 low interest) for dstate. Just wondering but if i may ask, whyd you turn to nymc over dstate?

ahh ok so it seems like the hold list could be the "waitlist"...i hope i get a call or that packet tomorrow. man this waiting just sucks

jiggaman said:
ahh ok so it seems like the hold list could be the "waitlist"...i hope i get a call or that packet tomorrow. man this waiting just sucks

good luck jiggaman. im in the same boat as you. Hope to see you in the fall! ;)

anybody else hear?

I got in about a week ago -- DHL package. Very happy! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Bunsen Honeydew said:
I got in about a week ago -- DHL package. Very happy! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

hey - congrats Bunsen! it sounded like you really wanted downstate. i'm really glad to hear that you got in. good luck to limbo and everyone else! :thumbup:

Hi,

I'm going to attend Downstate next year and I am a California resident. I'm looking to find a place in Brooklyn so I can get the instate tuition starting my second year. I'm hoping to find a roommate so I can save money on living expenses. Anyone interested? Email me at [email protected]