suny downstate

Started by karat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

karat

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long after my interview can I expect to hear from them? Ms. Levine told me 8-10 weeks, but I'm really hoping it won't take that long. Also, how should I expect to hear...via snail mail? Thanks.
 
Hello,

I have a residency interview coming up at Downstate soon and was wondering where I can get decent lodging that won't cost an arm and a leg (the nearby marriott is super-pricey). Any thoughts? Should I stay somewhere in manhattan and take the subway in?

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
karat said:
How long after my interview can I expect to hear from them? Ms. Levine told me 8-10 weeks, but I'm really hoping it won't take that long. Also, how should I expect to hear...via snail mail? Thanks.

Exactly 6 weeks from the date of your interview (I've tracked other people & myself)..snail mail to your permanent address. good luck!
 
medgator said:
Hello,

I have a residency interview coming up at Downstate soon and was wondering where I can get decent lodging that won't cost an arm and a leg (the nearby marriott is super-pricey). Any thoughts? Should I stay somewhere in manhattan and take the subway in?

Thanks

Hey there,
There's not much in terms of lodging in that area. You can get to Downstate pretty easily via subway. Just take the 2 train to Winthrop, I think. If you're coming in from Manhattan, give yourself time to get there. Sometimes the trains are delayed.
Good luck!