SUNY interview coming up!!!! Please help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Batlauren

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've heard about interviews from many different schools, but I only know one person who interviewed at SUNY (and unfortunately that person had a 3.6 GPA and a 370 academic and science average on their OAT...SOOOO their interview was very different. They asked her why her grades were so good and her OAT scores were so high--believe me they wont be asking me that) I heard it was A LOT more difficult than ICO's interview (which I enjoyed thoroughly). If anyone can offer any advice or an overview of the interview day, it would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks a bunch and good luck to everyone!!

In friendship,
BatLauren

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at SUNY in 2000. It was fairly straight forward interview. They'll asked the standard interview type questions...why optometry?; what are you good traits?; etc. Don't worry about it too much. They do ask you to write an impromptu essay right when you arrive. Mine was regarding the role of managed care in making treatment decisions.

I interviewed at SUNY last October, and posted about it here: http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48479

SUNY wasn't as laid-back as my PCO interview -- it wasn't bad, they're just a little more formal. It's open-file, so be prepared to be asked about grades, OAT scores, your essay, etc.

Good luck, let us know how it goes! :)