SUNY Interview-Tips? Experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lc817

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my SUNY interview this thurs. I am super nervous and i do not know waht to expect. Any suggestions/tips or past interview experiences at this school would be greatly appreciated! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

congrats on ur interview...im turning in my app. next week...wat were ur stats???

Dr4eyes said:
congrats on ur interview...im turning in my app. next week...wat were ur stats???

Where is the school for SUNY, and what's the cost of living like in NY? I bet its got to be outrageous compared to the city of St. Louis.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow applying early, interviewing early too. It's not even August yet.

I thought I did poorly in the interview, but I'm glad I got in!...Dr. Johnson actually came to our school to interview. I would just advise you to be ready on the normal things you would usually talk about during interview, but it'd be good to be also up-to-date up current events....He did ask some questions that were harder to answer...that deals more with your character/personality/habits/characteristics/viewpoint....I suspect those questions are more for seeing how you act under pressure. For the most part, that's what I remember from my interview last year. Good luck.

Ryan_eyeball said:
Where is the school for SUNY, and what's the cost of living like in NY? I bet its got to be outrageous compared to the city of St. Louis.

SUNY Optometry is located in Manhattan, by Times Square (or so I heard). The cost of living in New York is indeed outrageous when compared to St. Louis. I'm hoping that by the end of my four years there, I will owe only 100k, given that I take out $38,500/yr (Stafford Loan, sub and unsub), do some work study, and get a healthy return on my investments (from the extra loan money I save up), and of course, living like a student.

How much would you imagine St. Lious to be over four years? 50k?