SUNY Interview-Tips? Experiences?

Started by lc817
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lc817

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my SUNY interview this thurs. I am super nervous and i do not know waht to expect. Any suggestions/tips or past interview experiences at this school would be greatly appreciated! :luck:
 
congrats on ur interview...im turning in my app. next week...wat were ur stats???
 
Dr4eyes said:
congrats on ur interview...im turning in my app. next week...wat were ur stats???


Where is the school for SUNY, and what's the cost of living like in NY? I bet its got to be outrageous compared to the city of St. Louis.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow applying early, interviewing early too. It's not even August yet.

I thought I did poorly in the interview, but I'm glad I got in!...Dr. Johnson actually came to our school to interview. I would just advise you to be ready on the normal things you would usually talk about during interview, but it'd be good to be also up-to-date up current events....He did ask some questions that were harder to answer...that deals more with your character/personality/habits/characteristics/viewpoint....I suspect those questions are more for seeing how you act under pressure. For the most part, that's what I remember from my interview last year. Good luck.
 
Ryan_eyeball said:
Where is the school for SUNY, and what's the cost of living like in NY? I bet its got to be outrageous compared to the city of St. Louis.


SUNY Optometry is located in Manhattan, by Times Square (or so I heard). The cost of living in New York is indeed outrageous when compared to St. Louis. I'm hoping that by the end of my four years there, I will owe only 100k, given that I take out $38,500/yr (Stafford Loan, sub and unsub), do some work study, and get a healthy return on my investments (from the extra loan money I save up), and of course, living like a student.

How much would you imagine St. Lious to be over four years? 50k?