SUNY Stony Brook acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there was a thread about this school already but I cant find it. Anyway, I know two people heard from Stony Brook already (good news). Anyone else who interviewed early (mid-sept) that is anxiously waiting? Do they send out acceptances all on one day? Let me know -Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if they send all out in one day, but i interviewed on sept. 29 and got dhl today.

I interviewed on 9/13 and I didnt get anything yet. The interview went pretty badly btw, so I'm not really expecting much, maybe a waitlist. I called them up and they said that if I haven't gotten anything yet, its just cuz they haven't reached a decision yet, and not cuz of mail delay or anything. So i dunno wuts up.

Members don't see this ad :)
zurned said:
I interviewed on 9/13 and I didnt get anything yet. The interview went pretty badly btw, so I'm not really expecting much, maybe a waitlist. I called them up and they said that if I haven't gotten anything yet, its just cuz they haven't reached a decision yet, and not cuz of mail delay or anything. So i dunno wuts up.

Does anyone know how often their committee meets to make decisions? I interviewed back on 10/6 and also feel it didn't go so well. I guess they send out decisions as they make them?

crzynikki said:
Does anyone know how often their committee meets to make decisions? I interviewed back on 10/6 and also feel it didn't go so well. I guess they send out decisions as they make them?
Hey, I also interviewed on 10/6 and I am waiting patiently by the mailbox. My friend knows someone on the adcom and they said that when we interviewed, it was already the second batch of students. I'm guessing the adcom meets once a month so hopefully we can hear some word back next month.

crzynikki said:

actually if u notice on the wall of fame, someone recieved a dhl package on the 18th and another one on the 25th. So if the pattern holds, they prolly mail out acceptances every monday with overnight dhl and it arrives on tuesday. So i guess we gotta wait till next tuesday, even tho waitlists and rejections are regular mail, so that can be any day of the week.

I just had a dream last night that a DHL packet came to my house. I ripped it open and there was my acceptance letter. Happiest moment of my life. Then I woke up and was saddened by the fact that I had to goto the lab in the morning. BAH! Anyone else have dreams?