SUNY Students living in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yungduma

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm having trouble finding a thread about this so I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread for the SUNY class of 2022 =)

Current students who go to SUNY...

1)Where in NYC do you reside?
2) What is the rent you pay (including utilities) for size of place ?
3)Do you have roommates/housemates?
4)What is the commute time to SUNY?
5) How did you find this apartment and/or your roommates/housemates?

Thank you so much for answering and hope to see everyone this August!
 
Last edited:
I'm currently a 2nd year at SUNY.

1) I live in Forest Hills, Queens.
2) I live in a studio apartment. I actually don't pay rent. However, if you were to a rent a studio by yourself here, it would be 1500/month. Rent is very reasonable if you split with a roommate. My internet is about 30 dollars a month.
3)I live alone.
4) 40 minutes door to door by F express train.
5) My parents searched online. My mom found the apartment on redfin.com.
 
1) Astoria/Long Island City
2) $1000/mo; 2-story duplex
3) Yes, 3
4) 20-30 minutes; 3-5 minute walk to station, depending how fast you walk
5) Found the apartment thru one of my roommate's sister; found roommates through the roommate questionnaire/survey the school sends out.