SUNY Upstate Secondary????????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DZT

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone recieved the SUNY Upstate secondary? It has no essays or anything but it is annoying. It is two pages and asks for very basic information and yes, the premed requrirements. I typewrote the secondary application but later on in the application, I made my first typographical error and used the correction button. Turns out that the correction tape is used up; I couldnt find a correction tape compatible to the typewriter, and I white out an entire line. Then I came to a realization that it would be impossible to put the course info in via typewriter, so I decided to handwrite it instead and WHITE OUT EVERYTHING. Now, I am thinking of photocopying the two page application and then entering the responses. Is that acceptable, or should I ask Upstate for another application with a tail between my legs? Should I handwrite it?

Yes, I was an impulsive idiot when it came to fill out this application.

Members don't see this ad.

i think this application is the ultimate test of creativity... how am i supposed to fit course name and numbers such as "inorganic chemistry lab I, chem 113" on a line that is 2 cm long??????? sorry this isn't a solution, but i wanted to vent too. i haven't figured out what to do yet...

hey, at least you guys got the secondaries....still haven't gotten mine yet. My transmission date was 7/9. When did your AMCAS transmit?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really think that the best route is to handwrite the Upstate Secondary. In fact, I think that for non-essay secondaries such as Upstate and GWU, handwriting is much better than typewriting. I hate the typewriter.

I really like Dartmouth and Tulane's online applications, they are so much more feasible.

I think I've just decided to hand write the darn thing. +pissed+ Now I have another question, maybe this is silly, but I have to ask... For the course list section. Under "year" is that like the actual date, or is that like freshman, sophmore, etc? And for "semester" is that just spring or fall? And finally, "grade" - is that the grade I received, or the grade I was in at the time??? They could be a wee bit more specific here...:mad:

just got the secondary yesterday...it's in the mailbox right now! as far as all of that year/semester/grade stuff, I interpreted that to mean for example: 2001/Fall/A for a class you took in Fall 2001 and got an A in. It is somewhat unclear, but I think that's what they're looking for. I could be wrong, but that's the same way things worked for AMCAS...