Super not cool: my NPI and address on internet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You used a fluffy cliche that we all mastered in middle school about "not caring what others think" to sanctimoniously attack Vistaril who made an intelligent response to OPD's funny retort to a retort I had made to another poster's comment earlier, and thus you ended what was an otherwise interesting train of discussion.

I have read Ulysses and I see Thomas Pynchon as being pretty easy compared to most, but I have no idea what the **** this thread has been talking about. I've never been so lost on the internet before.

Members don't see this ad.

The only people I know who take that long to reach it are doctors. Most reach it by about age 16. The people who continue discussing it well on into their 30s and beyond are called psychiatrists. The only people who care into their forties and beyond are certain psychoanalysts.

You seem to have been a lot more negative towards psychiatry lately, is it just that having vistaril around has opened up a wider range of discussion (which is a good thing I would think), or are you liking psychiatry less and less as you go through residency?

Reactions: 1 user
You have to care about what the "right" type of society thinks about you. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Zabasearch, years ago, gave a heck of a lot of information on anyone for free. Now you got to pay money. I showed my forensic PD what information came up on the old zabasearch site years ago and if was upsetting to him.

I've never yet seen a patient go after a psychiatrist or a forensic psychiatrist other than through legal means but the idea of our personal information being public is unsettling.

A high school friend of mine, his father was an Ob-gyn, delivered a stillborn baby, and the father tried to kill my friend's father with an uzi, spraying his car with bullets (all of them missing the intended target, but hitting the car real good). The police arrested the attacker.

Hi everyone, lurker here but I wanted to point out that some of us have very real reasons to be concerned about stalking, for no reason other than who we happen to be related to. I wasn't aware my information would be made public when I filled out state board forms; I will address it immediately.

I know this is a necro bump but I have an issue with this. I'm a hospital pharmacist who works prn on weekends at an independent and I had a physician refuse to give me her NPI over the phone. I can't bill insurance without an NPI! She refused because "it's private information" but a Google search of her name brought it up. I only called because you can't really trust everything on the internet. Turns out it was 100% correct. She was horrified.

Is this really a big deal to physicians?

After starting residency and my cell # being posted online, I started getting tons of prank calls and calls from outside the US. Some are the "Microsoft employees" calling to help me install something on my computer to remove a virus. Getting a few from the Northern Mariana Islands. But most are from private numbers. Any idea how to make these stop?

After starting residency and my cell # being posted online, I started getting tons of prank calls and calls from outside the US. Some are the "Microsoft employees" calling to help me install something on my computer to remove a virus. Getting a few from the Northern Mariana Islands. But most are from private numbers. Any idea how to make these stop?

Change your number if you can.

Also, if you have a land line, get voice mail. There's usually a different number that you call to access your voicemail. When you call this number it goes direct to your voicemail and you have to hit * and a code to log in to check your messages.

Give this direct to voicemail number out for everything except close friends and family. You'll never get another telemarketing call. I've been doing this for 20 years and it's awesome.

Yeah, I guess I could change it, but I've had the same one now for 15 years. Would be sad and a pain to change just because some stupid scammers and telemarketers.

I've been using Google voice for the past couple of years. I get a number from any area code in the country and have it forwarded to my actual cell phone. Through Google I can set it to where only certain calls go through to my phone and the rest will go to voicemail.

Don't really want to necro this thread but I haven't found another and I'm having an issue with this. Right after med school, I stupidly put my cell number and home address when I registered my NPI. I later found the info all over the NPI sites so about two years ago I updated it in the database and most of my personal info has disappeared from the sites.

However, two specific sites, NPI Doctors and MD NPI, haven't been updated in years and still show up on Google with my original info. The "Remove my NPI" function doesn't work on MD NPI and NPI Doctors doesn't even have one. My e-mails to the admin initially were unanswered and now they just get returned to sender. I suspect the same owner has both sites.

Anyone else run into this or know what I can do about it? I want to get my info off those two specific sites.

Thanks!

Don't really want to necro this thread but I haven't found another and I'm having an issue with this. Right after med school, I stupidly put my cell number and home address when I registered my NPI. I later found the info all over the NPI sites so about two years ago I updated it in the database and most of my personal info has disappeared from the sites.

However, two specific sites, NPI Doctors and MD NPI, haven't been updated in years and still show up on Google with my original info. The "Remove my NPI" function doesn't work on MD NPI and NPI Doctors doesn't even have one. My e-mails to the admin initially were unanswered and now they just get returned to sender. I suspect the same owner has both sites.

Anyone else run into this or know what I can do about it? I want to get my info off those two specific sites.

Thanks!

have you contacted Google? sometimes I think they can contact a site, and if they don't respond Google can remove them from the list of results at your request since it's your personal info

look into it at least

I think there's a way to get an attorney involved to have it taken down

where there's a will, there's a way