"Supervisor" recommendation letter - HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sashagrl259

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm filling out pharmcas right now for the Fall 2009-2010 admissions cycle. One of my schools requires one LOR from a "supervisor." However, I've never been a pharmacy tech, and I volunteered at a hospital pharmacy last summer. I'm not volunteering there this summer because I HAD to find a job and the hours did not work out. The only job I could find was at a restaurant that I worked at during high school 🙁. However the manager made me a shift manager which helps.

I called the school and asked if my undergraduate research supervisor would fulfill the requirement, but they said it has to be an employer or volunteer supervisor.

I basically haven't had a steady job except for random ones during the summers. I am going to find a steady job (hopefully at a pharmacy!) once I move back to school in August... Will that be too late to ask for a LOR??

Should I go back to where I volunteered and ask if they remember me and can help? Ask my restaurant manager? Try and get one from a job during the year? What should I do?!

Any advice would be appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Doesn't research technically count as volunteer work? That may be stretching it?

If I were you, I would get it from the person that knows you the best. Sounds like the restaurant manager?

You can get that one for now, and then try to work at a pharmacy to secure an additional LOR later on if possible. Max LOR to send is 4


IMO, your stats seem solid enough where this may matter much.
 
Yeah I thought I would be safe with the research supervisor. I called back the hospital pharmacy, and they agreed to write me one. :xf:🙂

Thanks!!
 
I'm filling out pharmcas right now for the Fall 2009-2010 admissions cycle. One of my schools requires one LOR from a "supervisor." However, I've never been a pharmacy tech, and I volunteered at a hospital pharmacy last summer. I'm not volunteering there this summer because I HAD to find a job and the hours did not work out. The only job I could find was at a restaurant that I worked at during high school 🙁. However the manager made me a shift manager which helps.

I called the school and asked if my undergraduate research supervisor would fulfill the requirement, but they said it has to be an employer or volunteer supervisor.

I basically haven't had a steady job except for random ones during the summers. I am going to find a steady job (hopefully at a pharmacy!) once I move back to school in August... Will that be too late to ask for a LOR??

Should I go back to where I volunteered and ask if they remember me and can help? Ask my restaurant manager? Try and get one from a job during the year? What should I do?!

Any advice would be appreciated.

You won't need to re-volunteer to get that LOR... Just ask the pharmacist who was supervising you, through email, for a letter. And you'll be set... that's what I did.