Supplemental Essay Advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soreyes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
I am currently working on my supplemental applications for Optometry school and one of the essay questions ask: Why do you feel you are a good fit for our program?

Any advice on how to tackle this question? I don't want to sound cliché and say "I'm a hard worker" etc.

Members don't see this ad.

This essay question kind of shows how much you know about the schools. Some schools, like Berkeley, are more researched based, so applicants like to talk about how interested they are in research. Other schools focus on the private practice model, and so they talk about how much they want to be in the private practice model. Is the school you are looking at really involved with their students? In that case, they probably want students who like to be involved in school activities, and really strive be present and helpful in the student body and community. It is about knowing something about the school, and showing the school that you would fit right in. All schools want people who are passionate about optometry, so speaking about why you are passionate and would be a great addition to the program would be something to think about.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah. I didn't think about that at all! Thank you for clarifying :)