Supplemental essay help - how does this set you apart?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member 415

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am having a hard time answering this supplemental essay: “What is important for us to know about you that may not be evident in the rest of your application? How does this set you apart as an applicant to our program?”

I’ve been working as an rehab tech the past 4 years and was initially thinking about writing some of my experiences that makes me stand out. For example, working with Parksinsons patients and assisting with vestibular PTs while performing Epley maneuver on patients with BPPV.
However, someone suggested I should try and talk more about me and what makes me shine as an applicant. I haven’t done too much outside of the rehab field (graduated undergrad 4 years ago). If anyone can provide some ideas and examples, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I am having a hard time answering this supplemental essay: “What is important for us to know about you that may not be evident in the rest of your application? How does this set you apart as an applicant to our program?”

I’ve been working as an rehab tech the past 4 years and was initially thinking about writing some of my experiences that makes me stand out. For example, working with Parksinsons patients and assisting with vestibular PTs while performing Epley maneuver on patients with BPPV.
However, someone suggested I should try and talk more about me and what makes me shine as an applicant. I haven’t done too much outside of the rehab field (graduated undergrad 4 years ago). If anyone can provide some ideas and examples, I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you.
Writing about being a rehab tech probably won't set you apart from most other applicants. Did you do anything else interesting as an undergrad or in the four years since? It doesn't have to relate directly to PT, just use the experience to highlight qualities about yourself that will make you a good future PT.

Well, what are your hobbies? What do you do for fun? What do you care about? Where do you want to be in a few years or decades?