Surg on crutches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abbaroodle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In your case, you are more than justified not to scrub and you should not feel guilty about it at all. And if your grade somehow suffers because of it, you definitely should report it as discrimination. Hope you get better soon!

I think the point was the the OP actually WANTS to scrub in and be involved. I say, once you start your next rotation and it comes to going to the OR ditch the crutches. They'll forget you're cripple won't send you to the corner.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would probaby go with what your doctor think is best. But speaking from personal experence I have a similar delema as you. My PMD gave me the diagnosis of a right foot stress fx (1st metatarsal) probaby more then a year ago. He gave me the boot and said wear it and such for six weeks. Being the stubborn guy I am and in the middle of paramedic school at the time I have execpt for a few times at work, driving and at home not worn it. Some days are more painful then others, and I find wrapping works most of the time. But, stopping school/work/etc for six weeks just never seemed an option to me. I'm sure I'll pay in the future so my suggestion as you see to be doing is to get better now and if that means sitting out a few weeks do it.