• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

DrCoreyOSU

Cytotoxic!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
47
0
38
Tulsa...OK?
www.xanga.com
Status
Hey folks,

I was wondering about the many different stereotypes surgical specialities have of other specialities (surgical or otherwise). The ones I know of so far are...

1.) Orthopods have to be as strong as an ox, and half as smart.

2.) ER docs triage everything.

3.) The old Internists know everything, surgeons can do everything and pathologists know everything and can do everything, they're just too late.

I don't want this to turn ugly, I just thought it might be fun to see what everybody thinks of everybody else.

Cheers,
-Corey
 

Leukocyte

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
1,575
11
Visit site
Status
I thought it went like this:

Surgeons: Do Everything, Know Nothing.

Internal Medicine: Know Everything, Do Nothing.

Pathologists: Know Everything, Do Everything, But Too Late.

Psychiatrists: Know Nothing, Do Nothing.

ER: Well, They Are Nothing. +pissed+

Note: This post is just for fun, and I mean no disrespect, except maybe for the???..
 
B

Brachial_Plexus

How about this one?


Anesthesiologists: Ka-Ching!! $$$$$$$$$:love:
 
About the Ads

bustbones26

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2003
981
49
43
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
How about this stereotype---

"surgeons are perverts!"

I have heard more than a few fess up to this
 

apma77

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
435
0
Visit site
Status
anyone who isnt getting laid cause they work 120 hrs a week with no vacation and crappy pay has no choice but to be a pervert
 

DrCoreyOSU

Cytotoxic!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
47
0
38
Tulsa...OK?
www.xanga.com
Status
I don't know about all surgeons being perverts...but I have seen a few gen surgeons juggle their patients jubblies while on the OR table...all in the name of science, of course.
 

@70mphC2005--->

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2004
62
1
Visit site
Status
surgeons - obnoxious people

internists - jealous of surgeons

anesthesiologists - could care less



general surgeons - knows everyone in the hospital

ophthalmologists - no where to be found


orthopaedics - forgot how to take a blood pressure. think celexa is the newest blood pressure medicine

psychiatrists - think compartment syndrome is a feature of ocd

orthopaedics - think if you have ocd, its osteochondritis dissecans
 

Astroman

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2003
51
1
47
Yosemite
Visit site
Status
How do you hide a dollar bill from a:

General Surgeon? On their kid's forehead.

Orthopedist? In a book.

Internist? Under a bandage.

Cardiologist? You can't hide a dollar from a cardiologist.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Avicenna

quicksilver2000

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2003
21
1
Visit site
Status
How about this...

Everyone deep down wants to be able to do what surgeons can do, but are too inherently lazy to step up!
 

apma77

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2003
435
0
Visit site
Status
quicksilver....please....get a life...not ALL physicians wanna be surgeons..some of us wanna be far from it we could care less!
 

dry dre

All hat, no cattle
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2003
379
9
Status
Attending Physician
apma77 said:
not ALL physicians wanna be surgeons..some of us wanna be far from it we could care less!
:laugh: So far away...care less...which means hanging out in the surgery forum :laugh:
 

DoctorDoom

Witch King
15+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2003
972
14
Minas Morgul
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
DrCoreyOSU said:
Hey folks,

I was wondering about the many different stereotypes surgical specialities have of other specialities (surgical or otherwise). The ones I know of so far are...

1.) Orthopods have to be as strong as an ox, and half as smart.

2.) ER docs triage everything.

3.) The old Internists know everything, surgeons can do everything and pathologists know everything and can do everything, they're just too late.

I don't want this to turn ugly, I just thought it might be fun to see what everybody thinks of everybody else.

Cheers,
-Corey
:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:
 

shag

Supreme Procrastinator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 28, 2002
293
2
Visit site
Status
quicksilver2000 said:
How about this...

Everyone deep down wants to be able to do what surgeons can do, but are too inherently lazy to step up!
Simplify it a bit:

Everyone wants to be a surgeon, but most don't have the balls...
 

drchris71

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2003
25
0
Columbia, SC
Visit site
Status
Leukocyte said:
I thought it went like this:

Surgeons: Do Everything, Know Nothing.

Psychiatrists: Know Nothing, Do Nothing.



Note: This post is just for fun, and I mean no disrespect, except maybe for the???..
You won't think this when you want a psychiatrist to detox half of your patients on the trauma service. ;)

OH and What's the definition of a double blind study?
An orthopod trying to read an EKG. :p
 

Mirror Form

Thyroid Storm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2003
7,529
22
44
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
drchris71 said:
OH and What's the definition of a double blind study?
An orthopod trying to read an EKG. :p
another version of this is:
what's the definition of a double blind study?
=> two orthopods holding a stethoscope
 

aboo-ali-sina

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2004
72
0
41
Durham, NC
www.daneshmand.cc
Status
Warning: This stereotype is sexist....

You have been warned....

If Gynecologist were any good at surgery, they would be allowed to operate on men!



Now go ahead... Everybody yell at me :)
 
About the Ads