Surgery AI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are good books to use for a General Surgery AI (sub-I)? Do the books for the 3rd year clerkship (i.e. Lawrence, Recall) provide adequate info of what I'm expected to know at that level, or is it better to study from something more advanced?

Thanks for the input! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
aboo-ali-sina said:
try advanced surgical recall

may be a dumb question, but why wouldn't you use the same books on your AI as you did for clerkship? (unless you've memorized them all)

check out Surgical Attending Rounds

jakstat33 said:
may be a dumb question, but why wouldn't you use the same books on your AI as you did for clerkship? (unless you've memorized them all)

What?! You HAVEN'T?! When I look in the mirror, this is what I see: :eek: . You know why? My frickin' eyes haven't closed since I was in high school!! But it's worth it! You need to know the ISBN of Netter? Right here, baaaby!! The copyright date of Surgical Recall? Don't make me laugh, loser!! Gahhh!!!

LOL

jakstat... not a dumb question... You are often required to know certain information in greater detail with more specificity... also there is more learning of post op care and operative technique in the AI. So a very general clerkchip text may not be enough.

kinetic said:
What?! You HAVEN'T?! When I look in the mirror, this is what I see: :eek: . You know why? My frickin' eyes haven't closed since I was in high school!! But it's worth it! You need to know the ISBN of Netter? Right here, baaaby!! The copyright date of Surgical Recall? Don't make me laugh, loser!! Gahhh!!!

:laugh: :laugh: GREAT post!