Surgery Clerkship: Pestana Kaplan videos or Free Medical Education Online videos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Belleza156

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey not sure who has used Free medical education online. Looks like there is a total of 8 hours of surgery videos. I think Pestana's videos are about 5-6 hours. Does anyone know which one is better? Im sure I wont have time to use both all the way through. Not going to the wards for another week. So I thought I would use this week to prestudy and watch all the relevant videos. Anyone have any insight as to which is better?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about Pestana videos, but the notes were great. Was able to honor surgery shelf with Pestana notes + NMS casebook + USMLE World Questions. Doable with the little time you have to study on surgery!

Not sure about Pestana videos, but the notes were great. Was able to honor surgery shelf with Pestana notes + NMS casebook + USMLE World Questions. Doable with the little time you have to study on surgery!

This plan also worked great for me. I did use the Pestana video's though, but mine were closer to around 20 hours of viewing. I liked to use them at the end of the day when I was too tired to read/do questions. I also suggest speeding them up because he talks a little slow.

Thanks for your input. I have been trying to decide on what books to use for shelf studying and departmental exams. I ordered surgical recall but that's only for wards. Did you use any specific Step 2 book to annotate notes from Uworld in?

Btw I feel like I have so much time since classes this week start at 6:30am and end around 10am. But there are two days when I am in class from 7am-5pm. I feel I should take advantage of the free days this week and study. I dunno how being in the wards will be.