Surgical equipment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcabrerab90

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've searched the forums, and the Web for information on what the best brands for ophthalmic surgical instruments are, but can't seem to find any information, not even if one should get titanium, steel or both for different instruments. I've checked costs for Katalyst , Duckworth and so on, but would like to know other posters opinions and experiences with the different brands. The thing is where I work at there is no real equipment and we must get our own, and I would like to avoid costly mistakes since I would be ordering to the USA and have it sent over to my country

Members don't see this ad.

I've searched the forums, and the Web for information on what the best brands for ophthalmic surgical instruments are, but can't seem to find any information, not even if one should get titanium, steel or both for different instruments. I've checked costs for Katalyst , Duckworth and so on, but would like to know other posters opinions and experiences with the different brands. The thing is where I work at there is no real equipment and we must get our own, and I would like to avoid costly mistakes since I would be ordering to the USA and have it sent over to my country

You can benchmark Storz and Katena for almost anything, Same with Duckworth & Kent. Storz and Katena sell directly from their catalogs and at least for Storz, through Bausch & Lomb here in the USA . They may have another sales representative where you live. I recommend you contact them directly.

There are many competing dealers that sell eye surgery instruments of very similar quality and pattern to Storz and Katena. Ambler is one, Millenium is another, Wexler, Fortrad do the same. It is helpful if you have catalog numbers from Storz or Katena catalogs to cross-reference.

Reactions: 2 users