surgical research for anesthesiology??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

any research is good research.
you can definitely put an anesthesia spin on most surg research.
however, research itself isn't that important for gas. maybe programs like penn. but, otherwise no one really cares that much.



ThinkFast007 said:
Hello everyone.

MS3 here. just curious. having done surgical research and getting published this year and possibly having to present it real soon....will this look good to anesthesiology residencies? or will they be like WTF is this guy doing research for surgery and not anes. (Granted I am also working on another proj for gas as we speak).

like i said just curious. i can see ppl viewing this as good AND bad....atleast from some of the other med students...but then again they're med students 😎

thanks
 
Yeah I'm in a similar position, with research/publication/presentation in Ortho. I can't imagine that any Anesthesiology PD cares about bone mineralization in muscular dystrophy though! LOL 🙄
 
research is research. the topics are really not the issue. it's that you've participated in and possibly completed a research endeavor.
most people have NO clue what they want to do until mid-end of 3rd year.
i don't believe anyone will fault you for pursuing a field other than their own.

ermonty said:
Yeah I'm in a similar position, with research/publication/presentation in Ortho. I can't imagine that any Anesthesiology PD cares about bone mineralization in muscular dystrophy though! LOL 🙄