1. Anti-Piracy Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted work is illegal. Sale or sharing of pirated materials is a crime and violates the SDN Terms of Service. Be aware that SDN reserves the right to report this activity to copyright holders and appropriate agencies. SDN cooperates with copyright holders in enforcement.

If you encounter an advertisement for a pirated product, please use the Report link located on the lower left side of the post or PM to alert our volunteer team.

Dismiss Notice

Surgical Resident - Fully funded research - Operate & Publish!

Discussion in 'Jobs and Help Wanted Board' started by dell2004, Dec 10, 2008.

1. dell2004

dell2004 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dear interested blogger,

I am a surgical resident at a top national academic research institution that is actively trying to recruit (preferably) a second- or third-year surgical resident to do fully funded (>40,000/yr with benefits) cardiac surgical research in a premier laboratory. The surgical residents in this lab do a LOT of independent operating on large animals, perform top quality translational and basic science research, and have an army of clinical research nurses assisting in acquiring data for clinical projects.

The operative and research experience, not to mention the excellent mentoring, is unparalleled. We are currently open to recruiting residents from other institutions on our NIH-funded training grant. I can tell you my operative skills have improved immensely, I have published more than any of my other surgical research colleagues, and have traveled all around the country to present at National meetings. This experience has been so awesome!

I'm happy to give you more details if you're interested. Serious inquiries only. Minimum requirement, even if you're not a surgeon or resident, is a US citizenship and MD.

2. etrain15

Resident [Any Field]
    Im interested. Can you please tell me more. Thanks

3. JakeNYC

JakeNYC New Member
    7+ Year Member

Where are you based and what kind of schedule do you keep.

4. etrain15

Resident [Any Field]
    I am finishing my 3rd year (Gen Surg) at Columbia Presbyterian. Long story but as of July 1 i start on a research year but will no funding or lab. In other words i am unemployed as of July 1. Thanks
    Erik 973-727-2531