Surgical Resident - Fully funded research - Operate & Publish!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dell2004

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear interested blogger,

I am a surgical resident at a top national academic research institution that is actively trying to recruit (preferably) a second- or third-year surgical resident to do fully funded (>40,000/yr with benefits) cardiac surgical research in a premier laboratory. The surgical residents in this lab do a LOT of independent operating on large animals, perform top quality translational and basic science research, and have an army of clinical research nurses assisting in acquiring data for clinical projects.

The operative and research experience, not to mention the excellent mentoring, is unparalleled. We are currently open to recruiting residents from other institutions on our NIH-funded training grant. I can tell you my operative skills have improved immensely, I have published more than any of my other surgical research colleagues, and have traveled all around the country to present at National meetings. This experience has been so awesome!

I'm happy to give you more details if you're interested. Serious inquiries only. Minimum requirement, even if you're not a surgeon or resident, is a US citizenship and MD.

Members don't see this ad.

Im interested. Can you please tell me more. Thanks

Where are you based and what kind of schedule do you keep.

I am finishing my 3rd year (Gen Surg) at Columbia Presbyterian. Long story but as of July 1 i start on a research year but will no funding or lab. In other words i am unemployed as of July 1. Thanks
Erik 973-727-2531