Surgical/wound care meds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

We dispense all our medical supplies from the outpatient pharmacy. This is a very broad question though, it all depends on the wound. For example, our wound care nurse is typically very picky for when we can substitute Mepilex Ag for Aquacel Ag dressing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my old indy we used to sell a lot of Red Oil. Not really for surgical wounds but for like common gashes, cuts, scrapes, and other wounds. People would use it a good bit. Its OTC. I have no idea of how effective it is.
 
Any good resources to read to educate myself? I feel totally clueless in this area and always feel like I’m fumbling when asked what to put on a wound/should it be covered or uncovered/ etc.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile