Survey - AL and AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kfloyd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious to see if anyone knows what an average hourly rate is for Emergency Room Physicians in Alabama and Arizona. We currently do not have any contracts in either of these states so we are just trying to get some information about the programs as far as patient volume, shift coverage, etc.

Certainly would appreciate everyone's help!!

Members don't see this ad.

So you are in a group, or possibly a partner? I just find your post quizzical, as my contracts had in them that disclosing the hourly rate would be a violation. If you are in a power position in a group, then you probably would know that, too.

I don't think (I don't know, maybe) anybody will give it up in the thread. Maybe via PM.

As to your thesis, though, I don't know in either place.

Just curious to see if anyone knows what an average hourly rate is for Emergency Room Physicians in Alabama and Arizona. We currently do not have any contracts in either of these states so we are just trying to get some information about the programs as far as patient volume, shift coverage, etc.

Certainly would appreciate everyone's help!!

I hate large contract management groups.. I will tell you I know 2 groups neither of which I work for. Group 1 private group hires non partners. Pay is $180/hr plus $40/hr for night shifts.

Group 2 is a contract owned by 1 guy. I hear pay is over $200/hr. Less desireable hospitals.

the above is for AZ.

Also a large contract mgmt group was paying $160/hr but couldnt get BC EM docs.

Also.. group 1 has real nice benefits.. CME/vacation/health insurance and obviously mapractice.