Survey: Re-testing Failed Exams/Courses in Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

siednarb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone - Last year UNECOM abolished its retest policy completely for remedial activity due to the abuse of students constantly retaking courses. The new policy was grandfathered in, however, and the current MS II's still have the option to retake any class they fail. Unfortunately, my class (2004) have seen many of our classmates fail with no option at all except the summer or retaking the course next year.

As a result, I have drafted a new policy for my school, one that would limit the amount of retakes a student could take in a given year to two, and further the retake could only be used in courses in which one exam determines the grade for the course.

Next week, this policy will be brought by myself in front of the deans and faculty.

This is where I need YOUR help - if you could please briefly explain to me whether or not your school has a remedial/retake policy and further, briefly describe what it entails. This would help me tremendously.

Thanks a lot!

-David
UNECOM MSI :confused: :confused: This is where I need YOUR help

Members don't see this ad.

Oh - also - could you please be sure to include the name of your Osteopathic Medical School - thanks a lot again!
-david

Originally posted by siednarb:
•Oh - also - could you please be sure to include the name of your Osteopathic Medical School - thanks a lot again!
-david•