survival of community pharmacy

Started by MNSPHARM
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MNSPHARM

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the reimburse rate sucks, it is like 1$, 2$,3$, 5$, good one is 10$ and 20$. if u dun fill high volume there is no profit...consider pharmacist salary, tech salary, rent, all sort of cost how a store fill around 100 rx survive..how long this can last..
 
the reimburse rate sucks, it is like 1$, 2$,3$, 5$, good one is 10$ and 20$. if u dun fill high volume there is no profit...consider pharmacist salary, tech salary, rent, all sort of cost how a store fill around 100 rx survive..how long this can last..

Thanks for bringing up a point that has never been examined on here before.
 
the reimburse rate sucks, it is like 1$, 2$,3$, 5$, good one is 10$ and 20$. if u dun fill high volume there is no profit...consider pharmacist salary, tech salary, rent, all sort of cost how a store fill around 100 rx survive..how long this can last..

Most independents have to add front sale items and lottery to survive. I would say a store doing 100 is making a small profit and a major accomplishment. Any growth after that is pure profit. >150 and you are making $$$.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most independents have to add front sale items and lottery to survive. I would say a store doing 100 is making a small profit and a major accomplishment. Any growth after that is pure profit. >150 and you are making $$$.

why not just open a convenience store and not deal with the medication stuff? Seems like you just going through more red tape and regulations with no added benefit. if the front end sales are what make your money, then why worry about the medication related bull and insurance problems.
 
When I saw the title, I instantly thought the answer is alcohol.

After reading the thread, I still think the answer is alcohol.
 
When I saw the title, I instantly thought the answer is alcohol.

After reading the thread, I still think the answer is alcohol.
Bring back prohibition, but still allow pharmacists to dispense alcohol. Apparently that's why a good number of people went into pharmacy back in the day, so they could do some... compounding.